Marauder Misfire ??

Marauder Misfire ??

July 22nd, 2012, 2:01 am #1

when I shoot my 22 marauder it has suddenly become loud and I can feel air coming out the left side of the gun near the cartridge.
Does anybody know what would cause this to occur?
Is there a problem with the shroud or do you think the O ring may be bad ?
I never felt this rush of air when I shot the gun before and suddenly noticed the loudness.
Any help is appreciated..

July 23rd, 2012, 1:26 am #2

After loading the pellet, did you happen to load another? Clear the barrel and dry fire it to see if it does the same thing again. It sounds like you blew an o ring. It could be the breach o ring (were you harsh with a cleaning rod and metal brush cleaning the barrel?) or possibly the transfer port o ring if the gun wasn't assembled correctly.

July 30th, 2012, 2:35 am #3

man that little number 5 o ring was the problem !!
Once I replaced it, the sound was gone and the air leak disappeared, all that problem caused by a tiny o ring.
By the way it took a lot of effort to replace it despite all the tips from this forum.
remember to lube the o ring with silicon grease first and use a rod from muzzle end.
I cleaned it well before putting it back together.
right after repairing it, we took out 2 woodchucks that invaded the garden with the JSB heavy pellets from 30 yards..
Get them in the neck and they go right down..

July 30th, 2012, 5:15 am #4

Glad to hear you were able to fix the problem! The nice thing about the Marauder is that o rings can be had locally. I have blown a breech o ring before due to pellets jamming up in the breech and having to force the mag out. After taking the top assembly apart and replacing it, I was back in business. I find the Marauder to be the easiest air rifle to take down and service. There really isn't anything to it.