Marauder HDD Help

Marauder HDD Help

March 17th, 2012, 8:29 pm #1

So I finally got around to installing my HDD. I think I tried about 3 or 4 times before getting it right. I will say though that I had it in the first time but I forgot the back screw so I had to pull the bolt again...argh.

Sliding the bolt isn't that much harder. BUT I it no longer cocks as easily. I really have to yank on the bolt handle to fully cock the hammer and engage the sear. I sometimes pull it fully back and nothing...no engagement. Sometimes it requires a couple tries, which as you know is a nightmare when using the magazine as it rotates on each try. It's like the HDD is set ever so slightly further back than the original nut so the bolt can't pull it far enough back.

Any idea how I can fix this??

I managed to run through a 40 shot string and it compares favorably against the pre-HDD one...and that's with a bunch of wasted shots cuz I was struggling with damn bolt and screwing up alignment with the chrony. But I see more efficient use of air, flatter curve, and quieter especially at the lower end of the string.

March 17th, 2012, 11:08 pm #2