Marauder Carbine/Bullpup FT Version

January 21st, 2011, 4:54 am #1

With Planning for the World FT Championship in Italy this year we looked into air travel. There is a $150 surcharge each way for each case that is over 50 LBs or over 62" when combining L+W+H.

Our current Marauders fit into a non airline friendly case that is way to big.

So we looked for appropriate gun cases and how to fit our guns into them without major disassembly and reassembly each day.

We had already made components for an electronic trigger assembly back in 2006 so we knew we could do it.

Below is our finished product. 33" over all length with a 14" pull and 13.5 lbs with the extra weight set. About a pound lighter then my full length version and the balance, pull length and eye releife all match the full length version. Trigger is single stage and under 2 ounces.

You have a regular cheek piece so no uncomfortable metal to bear against.

The feel of the full length gun as compared to the Carbine Bullpup are almost identical since we matched all of the full lengths guns dimensions.

Not being stock makers I could have spent much more time on filling and sanding if I had the patients.

This is what it looks like:

Full length gun for comparison:

<p>A Team PCP Tuning Document</p><p>Field Target Locations GeoCache (GPS file)</p>(please note the site does go down with high
traffic so check back if it isn't available)
<p>YouTube Videos</p>
Last edited by AteamRAY on January 21st, 2011, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 21st, 2011, 5:58 am #2

That looks pretty good Ray! I will be looking forward to seeing it in person this year.

Take care,

Harold
Harold Rushton

January 21st, 2011, 2:24 pm #3

With Planning for the World FT Championship in Italy this year we looked into air travel. There is a $150 surcharge each way for each case that is over 50 LBs or over 62" when combining L+W+H.

So we looked for appropriate gun cases and how to fit our guns into them without major disassembly and reassembly each day.

We had already made components for an electronic trigger assembly back in 2006 so we knew we could do it.

Below is our finished product. 33" over all length with a 14" pull and 13.5 lbs with the extra weight set. About a pound lighter then my full length version and the balance, pull length and eye releife all match the full length version. Trigger is single stage and under 2 ounces.

The feel of the full length gun as compared to the Carbine Bullpup are almost identical since we matched all of the full lengths guns dimensions.

Not being stock makers I could have spent much more time on filling and sanding if I had the patients.

<p>A Team PCP Tuning Document</p><p>Field Target Locations GeoCache (GPS file)</p>(please note the site does go down with high
<p>YouTube Videos</p>
Nice work A-Team! Did you have to trim the barrel or airtube?

January 21st, 2011, 3:57 pm #4

Shroud but reservoir is all the same. Mine has a shorter barrel (16") and the Shroud. Hans's will have full length barrel and no shroud. Action is the same length either way.

<p>YouTube Videos</p>

lhd

January 21st, 2011, 5:48 pm #5

<p>YouTube Videos</p>
They fit in a much small case that way. Why try to learn to shoot a little short gun like that ok just to be able to pack it assembled?

January 22nd, 2011, 7:33 pm #6

the rifle is passing thru cargo areas and being handled in who know what kind of manner? Also, wouldn't that equate to less chances of ending up at your destination with a cracked/broken stock? Never had to fly a rifle anywhere so I have no big idea as to what most of you do actually can end up with.

It is what it is, because it is!!!

January 22nd, 2011, 8:46 pm #7

always removed the scope but never broken down the action from the stock. But it is also important to use a good case. I can see the advantage of breaking it down for the airlines but want to be able to put the assembled ready to shoot gun back in the same case.

Shot it today and after a quick sight in was having shots go where the cross hairs were even though the cross hairs weren't where I wanted them. Shaking like crazy after shoveling all the snow to get the match setup for tomorrow.

<p>YouTube Videos</p>

lhd

January 22nd, 2011, 10:47 pm #8

the rifle is passing thru cargo areas and being handled in who know what kind of manner? Also, wouldn't that equate to less chances of ending up at your destination with a cracked/broken stock? Never had to fly a rifle anywhere so I have no big idea as to what most of you do actually can end up with.

Even the barrel was removed. The gun would have fit in a normal suitcase. My current gun is only 33 inches long WITHOUT being broken down, though I always remove the scope even to drive back and forth to local matches.

January 23rd, 2011, 4:34 am #9

I assume you have a ref point so that the barrel goes pretty much back to the orientation it was before the disassemble, or does tnat matter much?

January 23rd, 2011, 4:37 am #10

always removed the scope but never broken down the action from the stock. But it is also important to use a good case. I can see the advantage of breaking it down for the airlines but want to be able to put the assembled ready to shoot gun back in the same case.

Shot it today and after a quick sight in was having shots go where the cross hairs were even though the cross hairs weren't where I wanted them. Shaking like crazy after shoveling all the snow to get the match setup for tomorrow.

<p>YouTube Videos</p>
I hear you on the "GOOD" case thing. I forget who it was that told me the story of how their case wound up with a plug eaten out of it care of the airline baggage handlers. There was no damage to the rifle but the case sure did need to be replaced.