Marauder .25 shot string/sight in

Marauder .25 shot string/sight in

February 22nd, 2012, 1:59 am #1

Received this rifle yesterday and charged it up letting it sit overnight for about 16 hours....no leaks or loss of air,so did one shot string over the chrono using Benjamin destroyers 27.8 gr.

Then I did a quick sight in just to get some groups at 25 meters and the Benjamin destroyers were a disaster...I switched to Benjamin Domes and got a nice 6 shot group..tomorrow I hope to get out and re-sight to 50 yards.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Last edited by icufuzz on February 22nd, 2012, 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 22nd, 2012, 2:13 am #2

the Benjamin domes were the second place pellets in mine. The Destroyers just suck at the high speeds of the Marauder

February 22nd, 2012, 2:50 am #3

I forgot to mention I have JSB Kings on backorder with PA...I was lucky to find some Benjamin Domes at a local airgun shop when my rifle arrived..

February 23rd, 2012, 7:22 pm #4

With my .25 mrod, at first the benji domes totally sucked, so I put them away and forgot about them.
Several thousand pellets later, including the Kings, Rhinos, FTT, Kodiaks, and I forget what else...I found the benji domes that I had forgot about.
Now that the barrel had some buildup in it, the Benjis did really good.
One thing to note, the green label rhinos absolutely sucked big time, even after barrel "seasoning".

February 24th, 2012, 2:04 pm #5

Received this rifle yesterday and charged it up letting it sit overnight for about 16 hours....no leaks or loss of air,so did one shot string over the chrono using Benjamin destroyers 27.8 gr.

Then I did a quick sight in just to get some groups at 25 meters and the Benjamin destroyers were a disaster...I switched to Benjamin Domes and got a nice 6 shot group..tomorrow I hope to get out and re-sight to 50 yards.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Went out and did a quick sight in at 50 yards (2 shots,...lol) and the Benjamins still grouping good..did not have time to bench shoot for accuracy so going to my local range this morning to dial scope in better.

February 24th, 2012, 2:09 pm #6

With my .25 mrod, at first the benji domes totally sucked, so I put them away and forgot about them.
Several thousand pellets later, including the Kings, Rhinos, FTT, Kodiaks, and I forget what else...I found the benji domes that I had forgot about.
Now that the barrel had some buildup in it, the Benjis did really good.
One thing to note, the green label rhinos absolutely sucked big time, even after barrel "seasoning".
clean my barrel from 'factory' condition except to make sure bore was 'clear' of obstructions before shooting.
I've since shot six clips (48 shots) and accuracy holding up..may plan is just to shoot Benjamins and JSB Kings.I'm not going to try anything else such as 'predators' as my experience with dome pellets has been very good in all my air rifles.

March 1st, 2012, 6:26 pm #7

Went out and did a quick sight in at 50 yards (2 shots,...lol) and the Benjamins still grouping good..did not have time to bench shoot for accuracy so going to my local range this morning to dial scope in better.
Rich, congratulations on a nice new rig.

March 1st, 2012, 7:43 pm #8

Next week I want to put the Marauder .25 up against my Dominator HPA .22 shootng 50 yards...I know already the Mrod will have an advantage in the wind,but hopefully I can start early before prevailing winds kick up...