Manometer valve is leaking on Disco

Manometer valve is leaking on Disco

June 9th, 2012, 3:14 am #1

Hi, I havn't been here since 2007. Hell , last time I was here there was no such thing as a PRod. lol I was wondering if anyone has ever had there pressure meter leak on a Discovery. I'm not sure if its leaking right wher the gauge threads in or at the Orings on each end of the pressure gauge valve inside the tube. I have already had the guage out once or twice trying to teflon tape the threads. No luck so far. Has anyone ever heard of this happening and what the problem was ?

June 9th, 2012, 12:49 pm #2

Had another shooter with the same problem a few posts down. Discovery, P-Rod, 1701 all work on the same system.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/581291/m ... +air+gauge......

June 9th, 2012, 2:00 pm #3

Hi, I havn't been here since 2007. Hell , last time I was here there was no such thing as a PRod. lol I was wondering if anyone has ever had there pressure meter leak on a Discovery. I'm not sure if its leaking right wher the gauge threads in or at the Orings on each end of the pressure gauge valve inside the tube. I have already had the guage out once or twice trying to teflon tape the threads. No luck so far. Has anyone ever heard of this happening and what the problem was ?
I must've taken the gauge out 3 or 4 times, used thread lock tape and changed the o-ring. Still had a leak. Turned out I was putting to much pressure on the o-ring and deforming it by tightening the gauge down a little too much. Backed off a turn and it stopped leaking.

June 9th, 2012, 5:37 pm #4

both the threads on the gauge, and the fitting that screws into the gauge block with LocTite #518 anaerobic gasket maker. That will shut off any possible leaks in the gauge assm. If you have any leakage in that area after that, then the o rings on the gauge block inside the tube will need to be changed.

June 9th, 2012, 9:46 pm #5

Are you using the correct o-ring as per the disco schematic? If not then get that o-ring.

June 10th, 2012, 12:44 am #6

Get new Orings where ? I tore it down yesterday. Orings looked OK (dosn't mean there still doing their job though). Had some Orings on hand. Looked right but to meaty to get gauge block down the tube. Need OEM (factory correct)Orings. ? Where do I get them without waiting weeks ? BTW, Thanks for all the help guys. Link was for fixing a Prod though. Oring does not have the same Part # as Disco. But still a big help. Any quick sorces for 2 Part # 1761-005 I believe ? Or doe's anybody know what the genaric manufacturers # is for the correct oring ? This way I may be able to go to a hydrolic shop to get them.

June 10th, 2012, 12:54 am #7

You can get a #2-009 o-ring at a hardware store. I bought mine at an Ace. It stopped the leak right away.

June 10th, 2012, 2:58 am #8

Not the pressure guage single o ring, but the 2 larger orings inside the tube that seals off each end of the gauge block or valve, what ever you choose to call it. Are those the 2 you are taking about, Or are you talking about that little single Oring I just mentioned ?

June 10th, 2012, 3:32 pm #9

Seems to be a variation...some with an o-ring for thr gauge to sit on, and some just selaed with "goop". Mine has no o-ring there and was never cut for one.

Found I never took a picture of the gauge block.

This is NOT THE SAME PART...has nothing to do with a Discovery....but it will give you and idea of what the gauge block looks like (except the Disco's is silver) and how it works.

[/IMG]

Gauge block is a tube inside the air tube, o-ringed at each end, and bridges the hole in the tube where the gauge passes. Gauge screws into the inner tube. So if either o-ring on the gauge block leaks, will leak out of the hole in the tube, and will SEEM like the gauge's threads are leaking.

June 10th, 2012, 3:35 pm #10

Had another shooter with the same problem a few posts down. Discovery, P-Rod, 1701 all work on the same system.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/581291/m ... +air+gauge......
I bet your right Robert. Seems no matter what I do with the manometer o ring or teflon tape it doesn't do much. Does anybody know if a local sorce would have the correct o ring ? Has anybody ever got a copy of a Crosman part # 1761-005 in a lets say hardwhare store or a hydrolic supply shop ?