MAC1 Discovery(.17) Groups at 50yards - PICS

MAC1 Discovery(.17) Groups at 50yards - PICS

October 2nd, 2009, 12:22 am #1

Today I went to the range to test a rifle that I've been modifying to see how it shoots at 50 yards. I also brought a few others to play with, including my MAC1 Discovery(.17) which my friend and fellow clubmember Eric K. aka Oldshooter has been interested in. Eric has had a pcp before but sold it as he is a hardcore springer shooter. Lately he has been getting interested in purchasing a pcp again and the Discovery caught his eye as he likes lightweight guns for shooting lots of lead off hand. With 1800psi of air and a tin of unsorted JSBH's, Eric sat down and shot these groups. The group on the left is 10 shots and the group on the right is 4 shots. To put it mildly he was extremely happy and so were the rest of us that were there!!! Anyhoo, just thought I'd share...

Regards,

Tony

PS As the day unfolded, the question came up several times, "Do you want to sell it?!?!?" I betcha can guess what the answer was, lol, but I did leave the gun with Eric for extended use so he can figure out if he really wants to get one!

October 2nd, 2009, 2:26 am #2

I'd be pretty happy with those groups at 30 yards.

October 6th, 2009, 12:38 am #3

Today I went to the range to test a rifle that I've been modifying to see how it shoots at 50 yards. I also brought a few others to play with, including my MAC1 Discovery(.17) which my friend and fellow clubmember Eric K. aka Oldshooter has been interested in. Eric has had a pcp before but sold it as he is a hardcore springer shooter. Lately he has been getting interested in purchasing a pcp again and the Discovery caught his eye as he likes lightweight guns for shooting lots of lead off hand. With 1800psi of air and a tin of unsorted JSBH's, Eric sat down and shot these groups. The group on the left is 10 shots and the group on the right is 4 shots. To put it mildly he was extremely happy and so were the rest of us that were there!!! Anyhoo, just thought I'd share...

Regards,

Tony

PS As the day unfolded, the question came up several times, "Do you want to sell it?!?!?" I betcha can guess what the answer was, lol, but I did leave the gun with Eric for extended use so he can figure out if he really wants to get one!

Ten shot groups @ 50 yards that can be covered with a nickle with room to spare is good.
That four shot group is superfine.
Last edited by boohoo9 on October 9th, 2009, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.