mac1 disco vs factory disco

mac1 disco vs factory disco

December 29th, 2008, 7:07 pm #1

how much better are the Mac1 tuned discovery's than the ones from factory?
Last edited by malsonb on December 29th, 2008, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 29th, 2008, 8:57 pm #2

Fairly extensive tuning from what I've been told. Details of exactly what is done will be best answered by Tim at MAC1 - 310-327-0238.
If interested, I have a brand new (never used) .22 cal
Disco. listed in the classified section of this site.
Bought a Beeman R9, don't need both guns.

December 29th, 2008, 8:57 pm #3

I that does not stop me from having an opinion.

If you like doing the mods yourself and have the skill and tools then buy a factory fresh rifle. Shoot it and if you're one of the luck few that get one that shoots perfect right out of the box then enjoy. If it doesn't shoot well; then take it apart and do the tune and mods yourself. Do not send it back to the factory and expect them to fix it. That will not happen. They'll send you another one and it may or may not shoot any better. My replacement shot a little better... but not well. Should have kept the first one and tuned it; it had a great stock and the replacement is just OK.

If on the otherhand you just want to take it out of the box and shoot then a tuned Disco might be the better buy for you.

My factroy fresh Disco has been a pain in the backside and is still not performing as it should. But I've only just started my improvements.

That is my opinion. It is free and worth every penny.

December 29th, 2008, 9:24 pm #4

i ordered a disco in .22 from mac1 and it is suppost to be delivered tomorrow. i got a good shooting .177 from pyramid, but it developed other problems, so will be sending it to mac1 for tune and repairs. john

December 29th, 2008, 10:12 pm #5

My Disco is factory w/ my own installed mods/tunes - Power Adjuster, HDD (Hammer Debounce Device), LDC (Lead Dust Collecter), & Trigger Mod.

I've tried numerous pellets and the only one so far that is consistently accurate is the JSB Exact Express 14.3 grain. I have some Beeman FTS's arriving this Friday, so they may work well. Pretty much all other pellets are marginal at best, so far..

Other pellets tried...

JSB Exact Jumbos 15.9 gr
JSB Exact Jumbo Heavy 18.1 gr
Crosman Premier 14.3 gr
Crosman Hollow Point 14.3
Beeman Kodiak 21.1 gr

I have a new left-handed breech from Bruce Cox and a left-handed RJ Machine that I have yet to install & test. The Bruce Cox breech will just drop right in & the RJ MAchine Breech will have to have the valve removed and an existing breech screw hole tapped to get it installed.

Good Luck - Bob
Last edited by Bayport_Bob on December 29th, 2008, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 29th, 2008, 10:49 pm #6

I've heard nothing but good things about Mac1....that said just might buy one! thanks for the feedback!!!!

December 29th, 2008, 10:59 pm #7

Bought one from another dealer & did some trigger work myself....then bought one from Tim for a friend...Tim's is sooooo much better than mine....his is a tack driver...mine is still in the process of getting the bugs worked out....His trigger is great. Hands down it's the better way to go....I don't think he really charges enough to justify the work he puts into it....Scott

December 30th, 2008, 12:04 am #8

from MAC 1 in .22 cal and very happy with it...very accurate..

December 30th, 2008, 1:04 am #9

Just wondred as I have heard lots about the tunes but nothing on the cost.

December 30th, 2008, 2:05 am #10

i ordered a disco in .22 from mac1 and it is suppost to be delivered tomorrow. i got a good shooting .177 from pyramid, but it developed other problems, so will be sending it to mac1 for tune and repairs. john
Hey... I am not trying to hyjack this thread but.... I have a .177 Disco that I think is fabulous shooter.... under .200 at 25 yards with CP's, CP HP's and JSB Predators.... I want to know what problem developed with your disco .177?

Thank you,

Chris