M-Rod, anyone know where to get a new fill fitting, the one

M-Rod, anyone know where to get a new fill fitting, the one

May 15th, 2013, 2:45 am #1

I have a leaking fitting where you fill the M-Rod with air. It is the piece that is under the screw on cap. It looks just like a Foster Fitting, but has a ball inside the fitting that stops air from leaking out. Mine is not sealing and I need a new one. Anyone know where I can get one very reasonable priced or even a trade?
Thanks for the help:)

May 15th, 2013, 3:06 am #2

Crossman should have the part you need along with any O rings that need to be replaced.

May 15th, 2013, 1:37 pm #3

I have a leaking fitting where you fill the M-Rod with air. It is the piece that is under the screw on cap. It looks just like a Foster Fitting, but has a ball inside the fitting that stops air from leaking out. Mine is not sealing and I need a new one. Anyone know where I can get one very reasonable priced or even a trade?
Empty the air tube and then remove the Foster fitting. inside the Foster fitting you will find what looks like a "nail" with a hard urethane "O" ring on it, this is the "check valve" that keeps the air inside.

Most times there is some dirt under the "O" ring keeping it from sealing and all it takes is a good cleaning to get it working again. Use Teflon pipe tape on the Foster fitting when reassembling it.

The replacement piece from Crosman is about $12.00.

Check the Crosman site for the Marauder parts schematic and part numbers.

ART

May 15th, 2013, 2:35 pm #4

I've got a brand new one I'll send ya free. E mail me @airgunsoftulsa@sbcglobal.net

May 15th, 2013, 7:06 pm #5

nt