Looking For A .25 M-ROD Breech Gasket

Looking For A .25 M-ROD Breech Gasket

June 20th, 2012, 8:37 pm #1

Any ideas out there where I can get one sooner than the 2 weeks Crosman told me it would take to receive the 3 I ordered?

Oh, I tried calling and emailing Tony @ TT - vm box was full and nothing back on email as yet.

Thanks,

Tim

June 21st, 2012, 12:56 pm #2

Tony @ TTs responded - Has o-rings but no gaskets.

I was able to fashion a gasket out of a neoprene washer using an xacto knife. This may help someone in a pinch who wants to keep shooting.

June 22nd, 2012, 6:46 am #3

Aren't these readily available from Crosman ? I bought 6 or 8 the last time I ordered. I bought Valves for the .22 and .25 Marauder as well as x-tra Transfer ports and extra gaskets and o-rings. These were all very reasonable.
Hope this helps.
jwill58

June 22nd, 2012, 8:02 am #4

Thanks John, you might have missed in my first post - I have ordered 3 gaskets from Crosman ($1.50 each). This issue arose while I was installing a TT baffle extension. Up to 2 weeks from Crosman was longer than I wanted to wait. I've found alternatives to the breech o-ring, I was hoping there was a readily available alternative to the gasket as well. My x-acto knife made neoprene gasket is holding so far - took 3 pest birds after work yesterday (50, 65, 74 yard shots). Thanks again. Tim

June 22nd, 2012, 11:54 am #5

Its kinda funny , the lady who took my order at Crosman told me this gasket was a very common one , used in more that one application.I may be wrong , but this # 130-036....I think its a Transfer Port Gasket for all calibers and is also used in the 2240 line as well. She said something like "Yes we use that one on a few different airguns".Anyway , when I ordered my parts , I ordered about 6 xtra of all O-Rings and gaskets. Its wasn't a lot of money and its handy to have xtras in my gun tool box.Im anxious to get an extended air chamber , either from Jim Gaska or TT. I tried using a .25 valve assy in my .22, along with the Transfer port from the .25 as well. It was just too much. Im replacing the Valve assy....putting the .22 back in . Im leaving the larger Transfer port for now. Im desperate for a 10lb or 16lb hammer spring (I read that this is key to shooting the heavy pellets over 900fps ). I've had to lay off my rifle....been helping my Daughter out ....life...you understand ? Im making time to get it back to usable condition. Thanks for lending me you ear ....good luck with your project.
JRW758