Left hand walnut/thumb-hole or LRT stock for RAW?

Left hand walnut/thumb-hole or LRT stock for RAW?

May 16th, 2017, 12:01 am #1

I have a RAW HM1000x with a right=hand walnut stock. I shoot left-handed and I'm trying to decide if I should order a left hand stock like the one on the gun or the LRT stock which is ambidextrous. I know a left hand stock would be harder to sell if I decide to move the gun later, but I don't see that happening, plus I have the right hand stock too, so that would make it a mute point. What are your opinions?
Last edited by blackdiesel on May 16th, 2017, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 16th, 2017, 3:15 am #2

No question, since you already have the right-hander, go with the lefty. You'll be glad you did.

May 16th, 2017, 9:44 am #3

I have a RAW HM1000x with a right=hand walnut stock. I shoot left-handed and I'm trying to decide if I should order a left hand stock like the one on the gun or the LRT stock which is ambidextrous. I know a left hand stock would be harder to sell if I decide to move the gun later, but I don't see that happening, plus I have the right hand stock too, so that would make it a mute point. What are your opinions?
Selling a lefty rifle,especially a RAW, is never difficult. You'll really never get the most out of your rifle shooting a right-hand stock lefty. I'd opt for a left-hand sporter stock if you're going to carry it around. I think the LRT is more of a bench/bipod stock.
Last edited by garczar on May 16th, 2017, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 16th, 2017, 4:19 pm #4

That's my thinking also. I have a son who is rt handed so I will probably keep both so when he inherit the gun he will havea stock that fits him.

May 17th, 2017, 9:26 am #5

Spent Saturday shooting my 30 cal HM1000X, had a 1 in deep well socket spray painted out at 67 yards at the tree line laser measured from the pic a nic table. Too ez to hit.