Learning about my disco 22

Learning about my disco 22

October 20th, 2010, 12:41 am #1

Well I have been reading alot on here it's hard to tell whats good info or not. I repair motorcycles so moding air guns are not at all my thing but I am starting to love it I spend hours reading.all of u guys are great !well back to the point I have a disco 22 I bought used it looked good but didn't shoot good groups so I made it a challenge to myself to make it a great shooter first did the 3 screw mod I liked it but the sear dragged on the hammer so read some more lol now I have to take hammer out and grind for a relief so I here I go grind it away well I think I ground the wrong side.I think u call it exoust port great now what well I smoothed it down all the way since I already wreck the hammer go and grind the the right part good I did it I bought a b & a brass trigger it worked nice well I am here let's make a power adjuster and a spring seat turned out nice I have it turned up all the way it shoots in the 750 fps with jsbs With the bad hammer shoots great now groups are good i ordered new hammer about 6 bucks delivered just to try it with a exoust port .
Thank you all
Stevegags

October 20th, 2010, 3:54 am #2

Your bad groops to start out are from bad trigger,new(toYou)Gun,learning about PCPs,We all have been thier. Airguns are for when Ya can't RIDE.....Franky

October 20th, 2010, 11:20 pm #3

Well I have been reading alot on here it's hard to tell whats good info or not. I repair motorcycles so moding air guns are not at all my thing but I am starting to love it I spend hours reading.all of u guys are great !well back to the point I have a disco 22 I bought used it looked good but didn't shoot good groups so I made it a challenge to myself to make it a great shooter first did the 3 screw mod I liked it but the sear dragged on the hammer so read some more lol now I have to take hammer out and grind for a relief so I here I go grind it away well I think I ground the wrong side.I think u call it exoust port great now what well I smoothed it down all the way since I already wreck the hammer go and grind the the right part good I did it I bought a b & a brass trigger it worked nice well I am here let's make a power adjuster and a spring seat turned out nice I have it turned up all the way it shoots in the 750 fps with jsbs With the bad hammer shoots great now groups are good i ordered new hammer about 6 bucks delivered just to try it with a exoust port .
Thank you all
Stevegags
Had mine for a couple years and it was my first PCP and first serious airgun. Did lots of mods to improve it.

Knowing what I know now I'd have only done the following:
1. Cleaned and polished the barrel a lot more right off the bat.
2. Three screw trigger mod.
3. Polish trigger parts. Do not forget to retemper the sear.
4. Free float the barrel. Drill out the band to 1/2" to achieve the goal.
5. Shoot the snot out of it.

BTW... I think the last one was the most important. Just get it smoothed out with lead as fast as you can.

My 22 Discovery now gives me a 1/4" hole for 15 shots at 30 yards with 18 fpe. Start at 1,700 psi and shoot 15 shots then refill.

I can of course fill to 2,000 and shoot down to 1,000 but at the high end it shoot 1/2" low and bounce left to right and below 1,400'ish it shoots 1/2" high but stacks at that new POI down to 1,000 psi. Barrel harmonics is my best guess.
Last edited by Mach-1 on October 20th, 2010, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 24th, 2010, 12:21 pm #4

It's working so well I don't want to put the new hammer in it what do u guys think ?

November 11th, 2010, 2:13 pm #5

Steve,

I am the last person on this site to tell how to do anything. You have the new hammer in the toolbox. It seems to me that if you like the way the gun shoots then keep the new hammer as insurance or a latter project. Again I am a complete newbe so take this advise with a grain of salt.

November 12th, 2010, 8:16 pm #6

reminds me of something I heard once: "if it aint broke, modify it til it is!"

lulz