Latest addition to the western collection

Latest addition to the western collection

February 12th, 2007, 3:35 am #1

After bidding(and losing) on at least a dozen auctions i finually wond one for a gun I have been hankering for for years. A Daisy model 179. Its a spring operated SAA Look-A-Like and apprently have become somewhat popular. I had one as a kid and always wanted another, now I have one.

Already paid for should ship by next friday.

Pennsylvania Pistolero
http://airgunartisans.com

February 13th, 2007, 5:34 pm #2

Nice Pistol. There should be a lot of them out there new in the box.A few years ago Daisy put a bunch of them together from old stock with the box included . I belive the were sold for around $50.They sold out pretty fast.Ejwills.

February 13th, 2007, 9:57 pm #3

Now the way they are snapped up on the auction sites(and most going for over $100 just for the plain gun let alone if the box/paperwork is included) its like they are gold plated or something. I know it was rather difficult for me to get my hands on one.

Pennsylvania Pistolero
http://airgunartisans.com

February 15th, 2007, 12:59 am #4

I did't purchase the Daisy 179 when Daisy made that special batch because i was selling off the western style guns i had, along with a lot of other airguns.In fact at the time i had just sold a Cros.44 and A daisy 5174 NRA commerative pistiol/rifle set.[ a burnished silver colored 1894 rifle and pistol in their orig. boxes and also a Hahn 45.Last night i made a deal to sell a Daisy Red Ryder 111-40 2nd variant[1942] with the box which is very rare. I let it go cheap. [probably be sorry later] Seem's like we go through these cycles of collecting different types of airguns,i guess it keeps it interesting.Someone on the forum said we never really own our guns,we buy them.enjoy them then pass them on. I believe he got it right. Ejwills.