Last Minute Registrations will still be accepted for Western States Championships..

Last Minute Registrations will still be accepted for Western States Championships..

June 19th, 2012, 3:46 am #1

for Pistol field target will be: Thursday June 28th by 4:00pm... and for the Rifle Field Target will be: Friday June 29th by 9:00am.

Western States Field Target Championship 2012
Josephine Co Sports Park, 7407 Highland Ave., Grants Pass, Oregon 97526 - camping 541-476-2040

Pistol FT June 29th

Rifle FT June 30th & July 1st

AAFTA GRAND PRIX sanctioned matches.

SCHEDULE:

Practice on sight in line for registered competitors, on Thursday & Friday between 7am and 6pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 7am until 9:25am. The safety meeting and lane assignments start at 9:30am

PISTOL FIELD TARGET MATCH
Matches start at 10:00am. There will be two courses, one 10-30 yards for the Open, Hunter, and Sporter classes, and one 6-18 yards for the Iron Sight class, since we did at the last minute get a few competitors who want to shoot iron sights. Competitors can shoot both courses if they want to take the time.

These will be 40 shot courses, 10 lanes, 2 targets per lane, with two shots per target. Timers will be at the shooting stations. Competitors are allowed 5 minutes to make 4 shots. Targets will be half inch to two inches. Tethered tanks are not allowed in any classes. Lead or lead alloy pellets only are allowed. NO lasers or separate range finding devices are allowed.

Not enough folks registered for the UNLIMITED PISTOL Class, so it is canceled unless we get enough last minute additions for this class.

AAFTA OPEN PISTOL Class: (new 2012 official rules)

Air pistols only. No Butt stocks. Power is limited to 12fpe. 12X limit on scope power, with NO higher power scopes turned down. There is a 15 inch limit on barrel length. NOT including muzzle breaks or LDCs. Match Director MAY ask you to remove your LDC for measurement, IF there is NO other way to decide barrel length).

NO forestocks can extend below the trigger guard. No bags on knees or knee pads. No slings or harnesses or other bodily supports are allowed. There is a 6 inch height limit on seats or bum bags. Any shooting position is allowed as long as the pistol is fully supported by the competitor.

AAFTA HUNTER Class: (new 2012 official rules)
Open class rules as defined above except buckets and bi-pods are allowed. Standard AAFTA match rules apply.

AAFTA HANDS SUPPORTED ONLY Class:
Same rules as Open class as described above, except the pistol must be supported by the hands only, without resting the arms, forward of the shoulders on any other part of the body or artificial support.

SPORTER PISTOL Class (Experimental test AAFTA class).
Air Pistols only. No butt stocks. .22 cal or less is allowed. Power is limited to 8fpe. 12X limit on scope power. 12 inch length limit on barrels, (not including LDCs, Match Director MAY ask you to remove your LDC for measurement, IF there is NO other way to decide barrel length). Knee stands, pads and bags are allowed. 15 inch limit on height of seat/bag. Slings and
Harnesses are allowed. Bi-Pods are allowed. Hangy tanks are allowed, but cannot contact the ground or the shooters anatomy while shooting. Targets will be half inch to two inches, set from 10 to 30 yards.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RIFLE FIELD TARGET MATCH- DAY ONE Saturday June 30th

All AAFTA rules and classes apply. See as www.aafta.org

SIGHT IN RANGE CLOSES AT 9:25AM. Safety Meeting and lane assignments will be at 9:30am. The match starts at 10:00am. This will be a 60 shot course, 15 lanes, 2 targets per
lane, with TWO shots per target. Timers will be at the shooting stations with 5 minutes to shoot 4 shots. This will be a 60 shot course, 15 lanes, 2 targets per lane, with TWO shots per target. Timers will be at the shooting station. Half of the competitors will shoot course A on Saturday, then course B on Sunday and visa/versa.. Open PCP shooters will all shoot the same course each day, and likewise for piston class shooters.

SATURDAY FREE LUNCH STARTS at 1:00 pm

Fun side shoots start at 2:00pm and continue on into the evening.

Raffle Drawings start at 3:00PM

Western States Match Directors meeting starts at 5:30pm

RIFLE FIELD TARGET MATCH- DAY TWO - Sunday July 1st

SIGHT IN RANGE CLOSES AT 9:25AM. Safety Meeting and lane assignments will be at 9:30am. The match starts at 10:00am. This will be a 60 shot course, 15 lanes, 2 targets per
lane, with TWO shots per target. Timers will be at the shooting station. Competitors are allowed 5 minutes to make 4 shots. Half of the competitors will shoot course A on Saturday, then course B on Sunday. and visa/versa. Shooters will also be paired by scores on day two.

SUNDAY FREE LUNCH STARTS at 1:00 pm

AWARDS PRESENTATIONS START SUNDAY AT 2 to 3:00PM Depending on how long folks take to finish the courses.

link to registration forms: http://ashlandairriflerange.com/docs/AA ... egform.pdf

link to motel list on Google map:
http://ashlandairriflerange.com/2012nat ... odging.php

Whimpy, WhishyWashy, Wacky Wayne,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range,
AAFTA Western States and
National Field Target Championships

BTW.. The BoG did give their decision to "Just continue to play the game as we have been, so far this year.. for the WHOLE rest of this year.".. at least. ... so be ready for anything:-)

For any questions email me or call my cell;

wayne.burns@naturalyards.com
541-531-6926

June 21st, 2012, 2:27 am #2

i can't find anyone to ride with and i don't want to drive it alone. See you at the nationals. Keep my reg fee as a donation.

June 21st, 2012, 1:36 pm #3

Hey Larry, talk with LD, you might squeeze in with him and Matt.. nt.

June 21st, 2012, 2:05 pm #4

my assistants husband had a heart attack yesterday. I can't really even commit for friday now. I can't leave the office unmanned and i have no idea what her status will be next week.