Just ordered my Disco - now what to add ?

Just ordered my Disco - now what to add ?

June 13th, 2009, 7:22 pm #1

Hi fellas, been lurking in this forum for a few weeks trying to learn about the Discovery and what can be done to improve it.

After some Coaxing from Dances with Pellets, I finally pulled the trigger & ordered my Mac1 Disco. Spoke at length with Mr. McMurray and he says not to worry about trigger as it will be around 1.5 pounds. I also got him to put on another barrel band so that shouldn't be an issue either.

I would like some suggestions as to how to get the most out of this air rifle. My plan is to first improve it mechanically where necessary and then to add a stock to complete it aesthetically. I am primarily a hunter so I know that I need a ldc however aside from that .....

The forum search funtion is crap so....

am I missing something??

Any and all recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Protos

June 13th, 2009, 9:42 pm #2

Some of his great mods to it. You can reach Mike T at 402-660-5073
Barrel bands that he has moded
Mikes LDC which is the most quiet thing
TKO trigger

June 13th, 2009, 10:36 pm #3

Hi fellas, been lurking in this forum for a few weeks trying to learn about the Discovery and what can be done to improve it.

After some Coaxing from Dances with Pellets, I finally pulled the trigger & ordered my Mac1 Disco. Spoke at length with Mr. McMurray and he says not to worry about trigger as it will be around 1.5 pounds. I also got him to put on another barrel band so that shouldn't be an issue either.

I would like some suggestions as to how to get the most out of this air rifle. My plan is to first improve it mechanically where necessary and then to add a stock to complete it aesthetically. I am primarily a hunter so I know that I need a ldc however aside from that .....

am I missing something??

Thanks,

Protos

Another barrel band be great added stability and sturdiness against knocks in the field.MikeT and others can help out with some accessories to make it more backyard friendly.

Seriously, if you don't have a decent chrono to tune with that is a great accessorie to have useful models are around $100 bucks.

Then there are PELLETS.Don't forget them..

Crosmans and Benjamin Discovery HPs work very well in some Discos.Beeman Kodiaks FTS and JSB Exacts work well ,too.

And, after you have figured out the gun a bit and are ready to step up to better lumber, there are folks around who can help you with that as well.I know for a fact that there will be at least three more reasonably priced stock options for the Disco by August..

June 13th, 2009, 11:38 pm #4

Jim I saw one of yours already and loved it. I think it was a maple job with ebony tip.

Something like that is right up my alley. Want a blond look with some 'tiger' stripes.

Build it and make me happy

June 14th, 2009, 1:05 am #5

It's very nice Eastern Curly maple ..

I'm going to mill a couple of Marauder stocks from it ,too..
Last edited by jimairgun on June 14th, 2009, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 14th, 2009, 3:24 pm #6

am I missing something??

Thanks,

Protos

The RIM mags ..http://qbmags.com ... just started shipping for the Discovery last week. They do require some bolt modification on the .22. The back of the bolt is shortened by about .120" to allow it to retract enough to clear the Mag when loading. Custom .22 bolts are available ($10) Haven't tried on a .177 yet. These have been around for the QBs for about a year now. Same mag.. new mount for the Discovery.

. .
You will need high scope mounts. The mags may not work with long bolt probes. The standard probe length works fine. Mine loves the JSB 18.1g and indexes flawlessly with them. Just hold the rifle level when indexing. Mags give 8 shots in .22 and 10 shots in .177.... you index with your thumb.

The website has not been updated yet, but orders are being shipped. Pricing is the same as the QB Rim series magazines.

Jay

Last edited by goodgroup on June 14th, 2009, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 15th, 2009, 2:49 pm #7

be purchased? already have the QB with extra mag and if the mags are the same???

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

June 15th, 2009, 4:08 pm #8

Hi Buster,

No problem. Hadn't thought of that scenario.

Shoot me an email

sales@qbmags.com

Jay

June 16th, 2009, 1:18 pm #9

am I missing something??

Thanks,

Protos

Nicely gone through on the inside. Stock by Steve Corcoran.

If you need details on the tune you will have to email me.

Thanks, Ronson

June 17th, 2009, 3:37 am #10

That is one of the nicest custom stocks I have seen. Are they still being made and how much do they go for?

Luis