Just installed a Insert in one of my Shadows...

Just installed a Insert in one of my Shadows...

November 1st, 2006, 12:45 am #1

I ordered the parts from McMaster-Carr and the arrived last night, so I installed them today. First of all, It was very easy to install the insert, if I say so my self, and well worth what I paid for them! The trigger has no where near the pull weight as it use to, and there is now a very perceptable first and second stage. I would take a wild guess (I don't have a device to mesure the pull weight) and say the triggger pull is under a pound or very close to a pound. I can tell you for sure that IS a VERY far cry from a stock Gamo trigger, and hopefully I will be installing inserts in the rest of my Gamos soon!

In short, these inserts are a great value and I reccommend them to anyone with a Gamo that wants a nice light and smooth trigger for VERY little money. A whole trigger kit can be bought here for $10 shipped: http://home.joimail.com/~sifu_mcconahy/index.html

Happy Halloween,
Justin
Last edited by Airgunitis on November 2nd, 2006, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 1st, 2006, 1:43 am #2

If someone has a bunch of triggers to do, and also has no interest in the supplementary sear springs that Skyler worked up, or in the replacement spring pin needed to install the MicroG in Chinese variants, then buying bags of screws, springs, and nuts and following my online installation instructions is a perfectly viable way to go.

And more power to him.

This, of course, is why I put the McMastersCarr part numbers right in the installation instructions.

But those who have just one or two triggers to do would probably be better off sending their $10(s) to Skyler:

http://home.joimail.com/~sifu_mcconahy/

Steve
Last edited by pneuguy on November 1st, 2006, 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

q1q

November 1st, 2006, 3:42 am #3

I ordered the parts from McMaster-Carr and the arrived last night, so I installed them today. First of all, It was very easy to install the insert, if I say so my self, and well worth what I paid for them! The trigger has no where near the pull weight as it use to, and there is now a very perceptable first and second stage. I would take a wild guess (I don't have a device to mesure the pull weight) and say the triggger pull is under a pound or very close to a pound. I can tell you for sure that IS a VERY far cry from a stock Gamo trigger, and hopefully I will be installing inserts in the rest of my Gamos soon!

In short, these inserts are a great value and I reccommend them to anyone with a Gamo that wants a nice light and smooth trigger for VERY little money. A whole trigger kit can be bought here for $10 shipped: http://home.joimail.com/~sifu_mcconahy/index.html

Happy Halloween,
Justin
I know they could get more money for it because it is the end result that matters. A trigger so sweet from the original, it's a sin.

Steve
Yellow Forums Owner
http://www.yellowforum.com

"Evil happens when good people do nothing""

November 1st, 2006, 4:03 am #4

If someone has a bunch of triggers to do, and also has no interest in the supplementary sear springs that Skyler worked up, or in the replacement spring pin needed to install the MicroG in Chinese variants, then buying bags of screws, springs, and nuts and following my online installation instructions is a perfectly viable way to go.

And more power to him.

This, of course, is why I put the McMastersCarr part numbers right in the installation instructions.

But those who have just one or two triggers to do would probably be better off sending their $10(s) to Skyler:

http://home.joimail.com/~sifu_mcconahy/

Steve

As you can see from the packing list/recipt above the part numbers are:

91794A081 <For 18-8 Ss Fillister Head Slotted Machine Screw 2-56 Thread, 1/2" Length, Packs of 100

95130A105 <For Brass Undersized Machine Screw Hex Nut 2-56 Screw Size, 5/32" Width, 1/16" Height, Packs of 100

9662K13 <For Spring-Tempered Steel Compression Spring 36" Length, .125" Od, .018" Wire Diameter, Packs of 5

And I paid $22.65 for all of that ($17.90 for the parts and $4.75 for the shipping and handling).

HereIs the link to the website: http://www.mcmaster.com/

Happy Halloween,
Justin

November 1st, 2006, 4:19 am #5

If you need Chinese and the extra part, make it 4.

If you want the extra springs, then the threshold is higher yet.

Steve

November 1st, 2006, 4:29 am #6

I know they could get more money for it because it is the end result that matters. A trigger so sweet from the original, it's a sin.

Steve
Yellow Forums Owner
http://www.yellowforum.com

"Evil happens when good people do nothing""
...I hear Skyler has actually broken even on the $90 Shadow reman' he bought as a guinea pig for selecting those supplementary sear springs! Woohoo!

Actually, I suspect many folks are going the DIY route that Justin chose. That helps to put a crimp in the ol' bottomline at PSP.

Meanwhile, the real philanthropist here, is you!

Thanks,
Steve
Last edited by pneuguy on November 1st, 2006, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 1st, 2006, 8:29 pm #7

Happy Halloween,
Justin
More power to you, my man! Because of your posts, I decided to cash in on this good fortune but mine are TOTALLY out of stock. On the less than 1 lb trigger mod, please be careful. Those are benchrest trigger numbers and you have to be really careful in the field while hunting with it. I know some here might think me a bit old lady , but that would be considered kind of light on a hunting rimfire. Just, please, do be careful. You've got a lot further to go than many of us and you seem well on your way!

What, me worry???

November 2nd, 2006, 2:22 am #8

I've got three Shadows, a CF-X, and a few other guns that aren't Gamos. I assure you, I practice good saftey with all of my guns. In the field they are always pointed at the ground with the saftey on when loaded or unloaded and they don't leave from that position until I'm on target and ready to fire and for regular matinence/cleaning I test them outside first to see if they are loaded and if they aren't I put the saftey on just incase and for the most part try to treat them as if they are still loaded. Thanks for your concern though!

Best Regards,
Justin

November 2nd, 2006, 5:14 am #9

If you need Chinese and the extra part, make it 4.

If you want the extra springs, then the threshold is higher yet.

Steve
If you thought I was trying to take buisness away from you and Skyler then you are mistaken and just so that there are no hard feelings I edited my original post to include the link to Skyler's website. Also, I do relize that it would be cheaper for most people to just buy a kit from Skyler and that is why I didn't include the part numbers in my original post. I didn't mean for my original post to come off that way sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for coming up with such a great idea to modifiy the Gamo triggers.

Best Regards,
Justin

November 2nd, 2006, 5:58 pm #10

...your DIY approach, Justin. As I said, more power to you. If Skyler and I hadn't wanted folks to be able to do what you did, we wouldn't have provided the McC catalog part numbers nor put the MicroG installation instructions online.

Steve
Last edited by pneuguy on November 2nd, 2006, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.