Just got my TF99/QB36 today...now 2 holes are in my ceiling...

Just got my TF99/QB36 today...now 2 holes are in my ceiling...

June 21st, 2012, 2:27 am #1

Got the gun in today, fired about 3-4 shots loaded up another and when I pushed the button and was closing the cocking arm the gun fired...NICE one JSB in the ceiling now. Kept firing a couple more shots got to number 7-8 and and happened again. I don't know much about these guns, but it sounds like the sear is slipping when I close the arm or it wasn't fully engaged in the first place. Any tips on this?, is this normal for these rifles. Don't really like sending guns back but I've never had a accidental discharge in all my shooting life and don't want to damage my house anymore. I'm sure my ceiling doesn't appreciate getting shot either . Anyways guys I know these guns take some work, but that's why I bought it, so I could learn. Would appreciate any input. Thanks fellas.

Semper Fi,
Derek

June 21st, 2012, 5:36 am #2

Mine developed the same problem as yours. It has been sitting under the bed since I was never able to get parts for it. Compasseco/PA promised to send them but never did. I've moved on to other projects. Someday I may take the time to make some parts to fix it. It was a a good shooter. Trigger not so great.

June 21st, 2012, 8:14 pm #3

Got the gun in today, fired about 3-4 shots loaded up another and when I pushed the button and was closing the cocking arm the gun fired...NICE one JSB in the ceiling now. Kept firing a couple more shots got to number 7-8 and and happened again. I don't know much about these guns, but it sounds like the sear is slipping when I close the arm or it wasn't fully engaged in the first place. Any tips on this?, is this normal for these rifles. Don't really like sending guns back but I've never had a accidental discharge in all my shooting life and don't want to damage my house anymore. I'm sure my ceiling doesn't appreciate getting shot either . Anyways guys I know these guns take some work, but that's why I bought it, so I could learn. Would appreciate any input. Thanks fellas.

Semper Fi,
Derek
Simply taking the gun out of the stock I immediatly have found numerous issues that need to be fixed. First thing is the pin that lets the cocking arm cam fell right out. I checked all the other pins and they're retarded loose as well. So I reckon all new pins need to be made...guess I could just do a little masking tape to add a couple thousandths, but I'd rather make my own. Also the holes that were drilled and tapped for the forearm screw are fine, but sadly they drilled an additional set of holes or missed the mark the first time then welded it up like a monkey. Talk about porosity. 90% of the screws need a few file stroke to deburr them on the head. I'll have to wait for a spring compressor before I can take it apart further...never been inside of a spring gun before so this will be a new experience. Looking forward to start to finish.

June 26th, 2012, 8:30 pm #4

Semper Fi,
Derek
gun handling 101......