just got bloodwork results from doctor..

just got bloodwork results from doctor..

April 26th, 2012, 3:55 pm #1

Ironically i had just finished mcdonalds breakfast when i heard 227 total cholesterol..Im 31 all advise is welcome..im already planning to quit red meat, pizza and all fast food.

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>

April 26th, 2012, 4:12 pm #2

you might be diabetic? My wife has high cholesterol, she got checked and sure enough she was diabetic. Better safe than finding about later in life.
My cholesterol is 162 even when I was 400 lbs, now I'm 250.

April 26th, 2012, 4:24 pm #3

Ironically i had just finished mcdonalds breakfast when i heard 227 total cholesterol..Im 31 all advise is welcome..im already planning to quit red meat, pizza and all fast food.

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>
<p>Three fouths of Americans are on Meds it seems, just cut back fats and eat more grains. I still have the Steak and Burger and Fries some and my numbers went to below 180. Doc cut back my meds because numbers where too low last year, even with Red Meat and Fries some.</p><p>Doug S.</p>

April 26th, 2012, 4:37 pm #4

I get a cholesterol check and liver function check and PSA.

My cholesterol was up there with you Roby, and I have taken Lipitor for years, but I knew why it was.

I am a fine coffee whore, and I have drinking French press coffee for slightly over a year, which raise your cholesterol, that and my wife makes ethnic dinners for me, I only eat one meal per day and have two protien shakes made from Soy for breakfast and lunch, but the meals usually have squid or shrimp, both high in cholesterol.

So back to chicken in those meals and reserve the squid and shrimp to three nights per week and filetered coffee instead of french press.

April 26th, 2012, 4:45 pm #5

The important thing is the ratio between HDL and LDL.

Do some looking on the web. I don't remember the numbers are supposed to be. Off the top of my head I think it is 3:1 to 5:1 (LDS:HDL)

My HDL is 28 and has my doctor a little nervous about losing a patient. (it should be between 28 and 51, if I recall correctly)

A friend of the family had a cholesterol level of over 350; the doctor said that is what killed her. At the young age of 92. She walked five to seven miles every day until she was 90. She is the one that got me into understanding the balance between HDL and LDL

I also had a close friend who had several blockages/heart attacks by the time they were 50. Their cholesterol never was over 200.

My doctor prescribed exercise, more veggies and some supplements. I need to go back in and see how the plan is working.

April 26th, 2012, 4:51 pm #6

you might be diabetic? My wife has high cholesterol, she got checked and sure enough she was diabetic. Better safe than finding about later in life.
My cholesterol is 162 even when I was 400 lbs, now I'm 250.
I got full panel, blood sugar 105 so im good on that front.

April 26th, 2012, 4:52 pm #7

<p>Three fouths of Americans are on Meds it seems, just cut back fats and eat more grains. I still have the Steak and Burger and Fries some and my numbers went to below 180. Doc cut back my meds because numbers where too low last year, even with Red Meat and Fries some.</p><p>Doug S.</p>
My job is traveling working on site then eating whats convenient..and i have a weaknesss for burgerz.

April 26th, 2012, 4:53 pm #8

I get a cholesterol check and liver function check and PSA.

My cholesterol was up there with you Roby, and I have taken Lipitor for years, but I knew why it was.

I am a fine coffee whore, and I have drinking French press coffee for slightly over a year, which raise your cholesterol, that and my wife makes ethnic dinners for me, I only eat one meal per day and have two protien shakes made from Soy for breakfast and lunch, but the meals usually have squid or shrimp, both high in cholesterol.

So back to chicken in those meals and reserve the squid and shrimp to three nights per week and filetered coffee instead of french press.

April 26th, 2012, 4:55 pm #9

The important thing is the ratio between HDL and LDL.

Do some looking on the web. I don't remember the numbers are supposed to be. Off the top of my head I think it is 3:1 to 5:1 (LDS:HDL)

My HDL is 28 and has my doctor a little nervous about losing a patient. (it should be between 28 and 51, if I recall correctly)

A friend of the family had a cholesterol level of over 350; the doctor said that is what killed her. At the young age of 92. She walked five to seven miles every day until she was 90. She is the one that got me into understanding the balance between HDL and LDL

I also had a close friend who had several blockages/heart attacks by the time they were 50. Their cholesterol never was over 200.

My doctor prescribed exercise, more veggies and some supplements. I need to go back in and see how the plan is working.
I need to really examine labela..start running again and get retested in 90 days..then she will decide on possible prescritions if the balance isnt god by then.

April 26th, 2012, 5:02 pm #10

My job is traveling working on site then eating whats convenient..and i have a weaknesss for burgerz.

<p>I ate them way too much and love them, i now eat a couple once a month. Make your home Burgers and such with half "Lean" turkey the burger flavor will not be lost. Watch the ground Turkey you do buy, some is as much fat as burger! All the pure turkey Dogs and Burger i have tried really suck, though.</p><p>Doug S.</p>