Just bought a .22 Disco W/Pump

Just bought a .22 Disco W/Pump

September 23rd, 2009, 1:55 am #1

My first PCP, i could not afford a Marauder, AND a pump, so a package deal was reasonable I think.

I think I got a good deal??...$316 for a new .22 Disco W/pump + shipping??. I saw a few .177 that were a bit less but I really needed a .22 for hunting.

Now I just need a Shroud for it so my neighbors don't freak out.

any tips on what I should do when it arrives before I start pumping/shooting? Will 1/2 plywood be enough of a backstop for a Disco or will it go right through?

thanks

September 23rd, 2009, 2:40 am #2

1st clean the barrel mildly/correctly and no, 1/2" not enough, nt

September 23rd, 2009, 4:42 pm #3

My first PCP, i could not afford a Marauder, AND a pump, so a package deal was reasonable I think.

I think I got a good deal??...$316 for a new .22 Disco W/pump + shipping??. I saw a few .177 that were a bit less but I really needed a .22 for hunting.

any tips on what I should do when it arrives before I start pumping/shooting? Will 1/2 plywood be enough of a backstop for a Disco or will it go right through?

thanks
Congrats on the Discovery! One of the best bang-for-the-buck guns on the market, IMO.

Plywood will not stop pellets. My Marauder sends them through 1.5" of plywood. You'll need a 2" solid board to be safe. Even then, you'll need to replace the board after every few hundred shots. For my backstops, I simply buy a 2x12 and cut it up into 12-18" pieces. That lasts me all season. Pellet traps will get destroyed by that gun at close range. A .22 rimfire trap would work well. But, those are costly (and noisy). Stick with a thick piece of wood.

September 23rd, 2009, 10:38 pm #4

I started with 18 inch long 2X12 solid boards. With lots and lots of practice, I'm now using 14 inch long 2X8 solid boards. The closer they are, the faster they are shot through. Fir or hemlock seem to be the best.

September 26th, 2009, 2:36 am #5

thanks

LUK
Be Well... Tom
Think as though you LIFE depends on it...IT DOES!
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

September 26th, 2009, 6:17 am #6

thanks
You'll be as quiet as a mouse with an agjustable trigger. Look up his website and call him. He takes Paypal with no extra charges or shipping included. Paid $38 for my muzzle brake. Money well spemt! Jerry