junk gamos

junk gamos

December 28th, 2006, 3:09 am #1

today i used to believe in gamos ...but ...today i took my daughter squirrell hunting using the 1250 hurricane in .22 ...and a shadow s1k in .177 ....well first off went to cock the 1250 ..well the freaking stock broke off at the rear grip portion where it joins the barrel ..not to be detoured .after all this is about teaching children the outdoor sports right .i explained to maygan that things happen.and that should not discourage our hunt ...well she spots a tree rat shoopts and misses at 20.yrds ..no biggie ..till she went to reload ...barrel of the s1k fell off from the stock and reciever ..in her hands ..not to mention the rollers under the barrell fell out too ...so with no gun we called it a day ...well i went and purchased a new cfx today and well after i got home i decided to shoot it ...well the plastic lever that closes breech broke on it ...well i will never buy anothe gamo ...they are cheaply made using sweat shop labor ...ill stick with my pcp since they are not falling apart in my hand ....why does my 39.99 daisy from wally world still work ....gamos arwe very over rated ...that my opionion ...one very pissed former gamo owner

December 28th, 2006, 4:30 am #2

I can't speak for the 1250, I've never owned or shot one. The S1k, I do have, and have had for almost 3 years with no problems (knock on wood). It sounds as if the three screws (that hold the action in the stock) had come loose. They have to be checked periodically because of vibration. A dose of blue threadlocker is usually the cure. Not trying to change your mind, just giving you a possible reason for that specific problem.

December 28th, 2006, 4:32 am #3

today i used to believe in gamos ...but ...today i took my daughter squirrell hunting using the 1250 hurricane in .22 ...and a shadow s1k in .177 ....well first off went to cock the 1250 ..well the freaking stock broke off at the rear grip portion where it joins the barrel ..not to be detoured .after all this is about teaching children the outdoor sports right .i explained to maygan that things happen.and that should not discourage our hunt ...well she spots a tree rat shoopts and misses at 20.yrds ..no biggie ..till she went to reload ...barrel of the s1k fell off from the stock and reciever ..in her hands ..not to mention the rollers under the barrell fell out too ...so with no gun we called it a day ...well i went and purchased a new cfx today and well after i got home i decided to shoot it ...well the plastic lever that closes breech broke on it ...well i will never buy anothe gamo ...they are cheaply made using sweat shop labor ...ill stick with my pcp since they are not falling apart in my hand ....why does my 39.99 daisy from wally world still work ....gamos arwe very over rated ...that my opionion ...one very pissed former gamo owner
1St, learn to type. Second, if you are having this many problems, then maybe You are doing something wrong. These are not common problems with the Gamo line. I have never had a problem with any of my Gamo's(1250,220,cfx). With many rounds through each. I think they are a great value for thier performance! I am not saying you didn't have problems but breaking things like you did is unusual! Like the others said, There is some usual maintenace that needs to be done as with any firearm or air rifle.
Last edited by MarkC1016 on December 28th, 2006, 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 28th, 2006, 6:49 am #4

it sounds like you are having too many different problems to be Gamos fault. Sounds like owner bad maintance to me.
the stock breaking could be the result of a barrel slam(this is typical of what happens to springers when you let the barrel gwt away from you) the S1k again sounds like loose screws on the stock again faulty owner maintence. Now as to the CFX did you try to open the lever befour you cocked the gun? if so therez your problem right there the loading port will not open until the gun is cocked and if you try to force it you WILL break something. Also none of these problems are unique to gamo made rifles(ok maybe the loading lever on the CFX) and can happen to any make or model of springer if not maintained properly. Sounds like Gamo is not at fault here but someone else. funny thing? I bet its all still covered by their lifetime warrenty.

Pennsylvania Pistolero
http://airgunartisans.com

December 28th, 2006, 7:51 am #5

pure B.S.! Lets see some pics of the damage.

December 28th, 2006, 9:01 am #6

I too, disbelieve this storyline; I also like the way he mispelled Maygan...Megan....or did I just mispell mispelled...
misspelled...?

Tony

December 28th, 2006, 10:39 am #7

nt

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/

December 28th, 2006, 11:30 am #8

Eight years ago bought a Gamo 440 in .177. It got me started in Adult Airguns. Still going strong. billinmd

December 28th, 2006, 3:47 pm #9

So Incredible to be true without pictures of damage to all of these fine air guns.

Humberto Benavides
GAMO Shadow 1000/Daisy 3-9 PowerLine Scope with BSA laser pointer and 30 yards light.
CROSMAN 2240 with Sportsmans RBgrips Oil Finish

December 28th, 2006, 4:15 pm #10

I'm not saying someone can't have a problem with a Gamo but I've thoroughly disassembled mine and found the quality to be quite good and I have detailed photographs readily available to prove it.