Joe McD - NATIONALS question

Joe McD - NATIONALS question

-bp

September 13th, 2010, 3:21 pm #1

probably good for everyone to see the answer.

i notice on the calendar that the nationals are slated for fri, sat, and sun, however i understand that the shooting takes place on sat and sun.

sooo, the question is:

is it necessary to be there friday, or would that just be more social and sort-of frosting on the cake?

thanks

-bp

September 13th, 2010, 3:44 pm #2

Friday is for 'icing on the cake' (side-shoots)... For those that enjoy sweets.
(Plus, as you said, it would also be a great opportunity for mingling, checking your zero, etc).

Regards,
HookEm

September 13th, 2010, 4:29 pm #3

you don't need to check your zero. Take the gun out of the case and the targets just start dropping with the site of you walking to the lane.

Scott

September 13th, 2010, 5:35 pm #4

Scott,

The highlight of the match for me at GOB was to tie your score (as you might recall, it came down to having to clean the last lane, which happened to be off-hand!... that was great fun!)... I'm just trying to learn from the masters - LOL. BTW, congrats on your (not surprising) showing at the BG100.

See at the Nationals?
HookEm
Last edited by HookEm on September 13th, 2010, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 13th, 2010, 5:53 pm #5

That is the weekend of my yearly tip to North Dakota to hunt those willy phesants and sharpys. I like to shoot FT but hunting behind my dog is #1 to me. The 2nd weekend of October is booked for the next 20 or so years. Have a great time!

Scott

September 13th, 2010, 8:56 pm #6

September 15th, 2010, 12:45 pm #7

probably good for everyone to see the answer.

i notice on the calendar that the nationals are slated for fri, sat, and sun, however i understand that the shooting takes place on sat and sun.

sooo, the question is:

is it necessary to be there friday, or would that just be more social and sort-of frosting on the cake?

thanks

-bp
Since you would probably be commuting, mostly social and frosting -- many shooters like to come a day early to unwind, sight-in, schmooz, check-out the course, etc. Heck, some even come two days early!

Best,

[url=mailto:joem5636@gmail.com?subject=2010%20AAFTA%20Nationals]Joe McDaniel[/url]
DIFTA Match Director
AAFTA Webmaster and Chair

-bp

September 15th, 2010, 2:27 pm #8

likely i'll just be there sat and sun, with a cheap sleepover somewhere in the area. at this point, i'm trying to tempt another two-day traveler to share a room saturday night. hope he doesn't snore. my wife says i do, but you know how they lie....

-bp