It's Not That Bad

It's Not That Bad

November 22nd, 2008, 11:29 pm #1

Re: My new Disco's stock [see below]. Upon further examination (and a new day), it's not that bad. However, it is a little funky, but I think I'll keep it -- knot and all -- for now
Kent
"upacreekk"

P.S. And it does make for some good forum discussions too.

November 23rd, 2008, 1:29 am #2

[/IMG]

Its not all that bad that it bothers me, it doesnt affect how the gun shoots. I think it adds some character to it.

[/IMG]

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

November 23rd, 2008, 1:53 am #3

I see your point. Nice dog too Kent

November 23rd, 2008, 2:19 am #4

[/IMG]

Its not all that bad that it bothers me, it doesnt affect how the gun shoots. I think it adds some character to it.

[/IMG]

Buster
\\\ X ////
Where did you get that...???

November 23rd, 2008, 2:29 am #5

thats a pachmayr RP200 med black w/white spacer. cost me 20 bucks and I used a sanding disk to grind it down. gonna have to get another one, I screw that one up, angle is wrong, but it doo work nice.
the pad is only 1/2" thick.

Buster
\\\ X ////

November 23rd, 2008, 2:31 am #6

I see your point. Nice dog too Kent
so I sanded it down smoothed it out, put on three coats of truoil. I was planning on filling the knot some, but didnt cause it really is not that bad.

Buster
\\\ X ////

November 23rd, 2008, 8:26 am #7

Re: My new Disco's stock [see below]. Upon further examination (and a new day), it's not that bad. However, it is a little funky, but I think I'll keep it -- knot and all -- for now
Kent
"upacreekk"

I got lucky with mine. She is pretty and and shoots like a dream to boot. I hit the same hole at 20 yards all day. When I took her out of the box the wood had no finish and was rough. I spent a cuple of hours hand rubbing 3-IN-ONE oil on her and viola. My camera is a cheap one and doesn't do her justice.

Shoot safe, Jack

November 23rd, 2008, 4:50 pm #8

Kent
"upacreekk"

nt

--------------------------

Diamondback

Truth is Stranger than Fiction.....

November 25th, 2008, 5:05 am #9

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Buster
\\\ X ////
<p>longer than mine.  where did you get it, and how much.  i have only shot my disco once in the backyard, and then pretty much ran back into my basement saying ' oh crap, oh crap'.  lol  I knew it was loud in the basement but i thought it was mostly echo.  Tried to make my own ldc but cant get good alignment so i am giving up.  is that mikes design?</p><p>thanks</p><p>kevin</p>

November 26th, 2008, 2:50 am #10

a TKO MB, stage 5. the hammer hit is louder
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/me ... osman+22xx...

Buster

\\\ X ////

Last edited by threex4 on November 26th, 2008, 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.