It's here!!!!!!!!

It's here!!!!!!!!

June 14th, 2017, 3:35 pm #1

Well guys,

The new Qb-79 22 cal, arrived around 3:30 pm, my time, read the manuals etc, cleaned the bbl,
screwed the 88/90 grm adapter into the drop down block, after lubing the "O" rings etc, on both pcs.

Screwed in a 88 grm cylinder, loaded and fired 1st shot, nothing but a mouse fart puff??
reloaded again and the sound level was a little louder, but NOT by much,
reloaded again and the sound level came up by 3-4 times, which sounded uniform for the next 5 shots.

Pulled out the Magnetic V-3 chrono set the spacing spec's,
and fired a 5 shot strings, using 14.3 gr pellets, average fps was 425-450 fps, temp was 65*.

Sounded kinda weak to me.
Will shoot some more tomorrow, I feel that some mods are in the cards.

Also arrived with this AR package deal, I have a Valken brand name Co2, 9 oz bottle that states,
CO2 ONLY, NO HPA on it's label?? 2-1/16" dia by 10" long, and has a 3K burst disc installed.

Here is the web site for this bottle,
http://www.valken.com/Tank-Valken-CO2-A ... -stamp-9oz

It appears that I can NOT use HPA in this tank??

I wanted to get a Ninja sp regulator for HPA with this tank, for the winter months use etc,
Now I am confused about this tank and it's use etc.

Can this tank be used for HPA, if the psi is kept below 2000 psi,
and with a Ninja SP reg, when I hand pump to fill it ??

I will provide more info tomorrow after I run some more shots thru it,
using the 88 grm cylinder etc.

And another Amazon package of pellets arrived a couple of hours ago,
there was lots of rattling going on inside this package, don't sound good,
open it up and found that 600+ pellets loose inside, all 3 cans had opened up during shipping,
and mixed together, WTH......

I sent an email and awaiting their reply.

More later,

Tia,
Don

June 14th, 2017, 6:21 pm #2

Seems ok to me for the ambient temperature of 65.....(check on Archers site for some similar testing).

June 14th, 2017, 9:28 pm #3

Well guys,

The new Qb-79 22 cal, arrived around 3:30 pm, my time, read the manuals etc, cleaned the bbl,
screwed the 88/90 grm adapter into the drop down block, after lubing the "O" rings etc, on both pcs.

Screwed in a 88 grm cylinder, loaded and fired 1st shot, nothing but a mouse fart puff??
reloaded again and the sound level came up by 3-4 times, which sounded uniform for the next 5 shots.

and fired a 5 shot strings, using 14.3 gr pellets, average fps was 425-450 fps, temp was 65*.

Also arrived with this AR package deal, I have a Valken brand name Co2, 9 oz bottle that states,
CO2 ONLY, NO HPA on it's label?? 2-1/16" dia by 10" long, and has a 3K burst disc installed.

I wanted to get a Ninja sp regulator for HPA with this tank, for the winter months use etc,

open it up and found that 600+ pellets loose inside, all 3 cans had opened up during shipping,

More later,

Tia,
Don
850 Air Magnum is drill and tap the 88 or 90 gram (bottle?) for a Foster fitting.

On the 850 the whole thing is still short enough that the front of the plastic stock still fits on it, I checked but I don't usually put it on. I wrapped the cyl in black tape to hide the shine.

I used the Walther brand cylinder because, when I checked it, they are about 1/4inch thick at the base.

I used the smallest drill bit that I could for that tap size and also used an undersized tap so it would be a tight fit.

I bulk fill from a 20oz bottle that I have from my paintball era and it works just fine.

I realize that not everyone can or will want to do this, or will like the idea at all, c'est la vie...

June 14th, 2017, 11:52 pm #4

Well guys,

More later,

Tia,
Don
If you're thinking about an HPA regulator, just go for the 1100psi regulated Ninja tank from Archer's.(I have one). The 450 fps is kind of in the ball park for an untuned QB79 at 65F. Mine is tuned a bit, with some valve work, a new transfer port, and an opened up bolt. I get about 725 fps with 1100 psi HPA.

June 15th, 2017, 12:00 am #5

Well guys,

More later,

Tia,
Don
NO,NO,NO HPA in that tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nft

June 15th, 2017, 1:40 pm #6

Why not Bill? If he only fills to 1800 PSI what is the difference?

Isn't a 1800psi working pressure tank (which a CO2 tank is) good for 1800psi? whether it's air or CO2 doing the pushing?

June 15th, 2017, 1:47 pm #7

That could be but telling someone to put HPA in a CO2 tank sets a dangerous precedent. Next thing you know someone's getting hurt. Why not just get the correct set-up to start with?

June 15th, 2017, 3:21 pm #8

Crosman does it with the Disco, right? If that a CO2 cylinder or HPA cylinder on it?

Is telling someone to modify their QB 78 or QB79 or RWS850 to HPA a "Dangerous Precedent"? It's done on web forums all the time.

What makes a CO2 tank "different" then any other Aluminum or CF tank? as long as you do not exceed the working pressure?

Why not just buy a 3K psi tank for $69? Maybe because the guy already has a regulator and the "CO2" tank and doesn't want to spend any additional $$? Does that make it "dangerous"? I think not.

June 15th, 2017, 3:37 pm #9

Do what you want, pard. Not trying to start an argument. BTW, on QB's and 850's the original airtube is replaced with a gasblock and a regg'd bottle. I've seen enough hi-pac disasters to mess with this stuff. My opinion, nothing more. Like i said, do what you want.

June 15th, 2017, 3:50 pm #10

Was it just for not starting a "dangerous precedent"? or is it your "opinion" that it is actually dangerous to use 1800psi in the bottle? Not looking for argument, just reasoning.

With the RWS850 and the QB's the guns are "designed" for CO2, right? When you convert to HPA aren't you still using the same gun parts? Is it different to fill a "CO2 tank" with 1800 psi of air then it is to fill a "CO2 valve" with 1800 psi of air? or a "CO2 tube"(which is what you are doing with the QB79)? That's what I was referencing.

Other then the guy who "epoxied" the HiPac into his tube, and sealed his valve to the tube, do you have reference to these other "disasters"? I've actually looked and couldn't find any.