Is this a TS45? (pics attached...)

Is this a TS45? (pics attached...)

September 23rd, 2010, 3:09 am #1

I have an air rifle that belonged to my father, who passed away about 10 years ago. He'd purchased it the mid 80s. I'm just now getting to the point in life where things have settled down enough to enjoy such things. This will be my 2nd go around with the gun - the first being the many hours (as a 15 year old, I'm 39 now...) putting lead into a backstop with the tack driver. I'm trying to determine if it is a TS45.

After spending a couple hours scouring the forums and internet and based on the time frame it was purchased - I believe it is - hopefully someone will know for sure.

Dad had bought it back in the late 80s and removed the "stock" stock and put the rifle into an M1 Garand stock for practicing high power rifle in the basement. The original stock is long gone and Id like to restore the rifle as the M1 stock doesnt provide a trigger guard and I understand this to be a big safety concern for a side cocking airgun. (It doen't look too great either.

I can say that my recollection about the rifle was that it was outstanding, always shot amazing groups 10 meters, has a great trigger (unlike what I see stated about the rifles here on the forums) and (despite not having fired a shot in at least 15 years) shot great over the past weekend. Id really like to get this guy back into original form and enjoy it.

Thanks thoughts or for any input.

Also, if anyone has a line on parts, that would be huge help.

-Calvin

Manufacturers marking:

[/IMG]

Right side receiver:

[/IMG]

Left side receiver:

[/IMG]

Closer look at Left side receiver:

[/IMG]

Bottom of receiver:

[/IMG]

Trigger area:

[/IMG]

Front sight (was fully hooded but dad cut to more closely resemble an M1 Grarand:

[/IMG]

Rear sight:

[/IMG]

September 23rd, 2010, 6:02 am #2

Looks like a B7 or "Sniwpeak". Mine shoots very accurate. Hobbies at abot 650 fps? Haven't shot mine in a while. I'll post pictured of the stock later. There's usuall a couple for sale on GB. Run about $50-$60.
Andy

Andy Wong aka larspawn@ameritech.net

September 23rd, 2010, 5:42 pm #3

I have an air rifle that belonged to my father, who passed away about 10 years ago. He'd purchased it the mid 80s. I'm just now getting to the point in life where things have settled down enough to enjoy such things. This will be my 2nd go around with the gun - the first being the many hours (as a 15 year old, I'm 39 now...) putting lead into a backstop with the tack driver. I'm trying to determine if it is a TS45.

After spending a couple hours scouring the forums and internet and based on the time frame it was purchased - I believe it is - hopefully someone will know for sure.

Dad had bought it back in the late 80s and removed the "stock" stock and put the rifle into an M1 Garand stock for practicing high power rifle in the basement. The original stock is long gone and Id like to restore the rifle as the M1 stock doesnt provide a trigger guard and I understand this to be a big safety concern for a side cocking airgun. (It doen't look too great either.

I can say that my recollection about the rifle was that it was outstanding, always shot amazing groups 10 meters, has a great trigger (unlike what I see stated about the rifles here on the forums) and (despite not having fired a shot in at least 15 years) shot great over the past weekend. Id really like to get this guy back into original form and enjoy it.

-Calvin

Manufacturers marking:

[/IMG]

Right side receiver:

[/IMG]

Left side receiver:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Bottom of receiver:

[/IMG]

Trigger area:

[/IMG]

Front sight (was fully hooded but dad cut to more closely resemble an M1 Grarand:

[/IMG]

Rear sight:

[/IMG]
don't the later guns have stamped/forged levers?

September 23rd, 2010, 5:58 pm #4

-Calvin

Manufacturers marking:

[/IMG]

Right side receiver:

[/IMG]

Left side receiver:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Bottom of receiver:

[/IMG]

Trigger area:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Rear sight:

[/IMG]
After a lot more searching and reading here on the forum, along with the fact I know the rifle was purchased at least prior to 1986 - I'm thinking it is a EMIE rifle? I guess the only way to know for sure would be to look at the butt plate - which is long gone. However, everything else seems to match.

This has turned into quite the treasure hunt. I'm hoping to find info on what it really is to get the new stock and hopefully some repair parts in case I ever need them.

Thanks,

-Calvin

September 23rd, 2010, 6:00 pm #5

-Calvin

Manufacturers marking:

[/IMG]

Right side receiver:

[/IMG]

Left side receiver:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Bottom of receiver:

[/IMG]

Trigger area:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Rear sight:

[/IMG]
Anyone have links to EMEI info that might be hosted off site?

Thanks,

-Calvin

jke

September 23rd, 2010, 6:39 pm #6

-Calvin

Manufacturers marking:

[/IMG]

Right side receiver:

[/IMG]

Left side receiver:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Bottom of receiver:

[/IMG]

Trigger area:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Rear sight:

[/IMG]

fwiw joe
In the meantime.....I'm cleaning my gun.

September 23rd, 2010, 7:11 pm #7

-Calvin

Manufacturers marking:

[/IMG]

Right side receiver:

[/IMG]

Left side receiver:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Bottom of receiver:

[/IMG]

Trigger area:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Rear sight:

[/IMG]
I'm just trying to narrow down what the gun is to try to get parts - so would this be a B7? I've alos found info on another model, the B4-1 that sounds close...

Thanks fpr any help.

-Calvin

September 23rd, 2010, 8:24 pm #8

-Calvin

Manufacturers marking:

[/IMG]

Right side receiver:

[/IMG]

Left side receiver:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Bottom of receiver:

[/IMG]

Trigger area:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Rear sight:

[/IMG]
I found a post on another site that shows a similar, but slightly different roll mark on the reeiver. The rifle was identifed as a "Snowpeak B7." The rollmark on mine has moutains that are drawn with straight lines, while the one in the thread has the same mountains, but with jagged lines. Also, mine has several more characters written the roll mark.

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.com/airguns ... 276.0.html

-Calvin

[/IMG]
Last edited by cledford3 on September 23rd, 2010, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 24th, 2010, 12:53 am #9

-Calvin

Manufacturers marking:

[/IMG]

Right side receiver:

[/IMG]

Left side receiver:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Bottom of receiver:

[/IMG]

Trigger area:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Rear sight:

[/IMG]
I have a few boxes of old parts rifles, may have what you need or want, sold the last of the B-7's at Little Rock. Call if you wish, 515-924-3699

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.com

September 24th, 2010, 2:01 am #10

-Calvin

Manufacturers marking:

[/IMG]

Right side receiver:

[/IMG]

Left side receiver:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Bottom of receiver:

[/IMG]

Trigger area:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Rear sight:

[/IMG]
<p>I had two of these and while the trigger can be helped they are still direct sear engagement so they will never be really nice.  However, on mine the barrels were something else!  Boy were they accurate!</p><p>The two I had were separate vintages.  One had a really solid cocking arm and the other was more stamped.  Both had the tapered barrel with the SKS/AK type front sight. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p> </p>

Andy Wong aka larspawn@ameritech.net