Is there like an elbow fitting for the Disco

Is there like an elbow fitting for the Disco

December 24th, 2008, 10:11 pm #1

My LDC gets in the way I kinda have to move the barrel a little when I connect my pump to the gun..interested if there is an elbow fitting like a 90 degree something that would make it less of a pain in the ass.

BTW just shot my Disco the past couple of days and I FRIGGIN LOVE IT.

December 24th, 2008, 10:59 pm #2

Tony posted a picture of a Disco he had Mac1 and Rich Mich work on. Rich Mich put a brake on and Mac-1 modified the inlet to point 45 degrees down. I cant find the picture, but I'm pretty sure he said Mac 1 sold the modified inlet. In addition, look on the mountain air website., He sells a modified nipple (lower profile).

Good luck,

December 25th, 2008, 2:49 am #3

My LDC gets in the way I kinda have to move the barrel a little when I connect my pump to the gun..interested if there is an elbow fitting like a 90 degree something that would make it less of a pain in the ass.

Last edited by threex4 on November 22nd, 2009, 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 25th, 2008, 7:31 pm #4

stores or automotive supplies should have what I think you need. It's a 45 deg.1/8 pipe street elbow.One end is 1/8 female and the other is 1/8 male.Just watch out for the check valve in the fill nipple.

December 28th, 2008, 1:44 am #5

Hardware store plumbing fittings are intended for gas (few psi), city water (under 100) or shop compressor pressures (under 200) depending. Auto ones for fuel (say 15 psi) or oil (say 100) systems.

The discovery is ten or 20 times that in service.

The materials and quailty needed are entirely different. IMO this is dangerous advice. Blow outs or thread stripping are a very real threat. You'll probably not have any troubles, but if it should let go while you're filling the gun.......

High pressure gasses are very dangerous, not to be messed about with IMO. If you're looking for a local shop to walk in and buy one in, try hydrolic fittings suppliers.

Doug Owen

December 28th, 2008, 7:07 am #6

Got the fittings for both my .177 and .22...this pic is of my MAC1 Prepped Discovery(.22) with Rich in Michigan Brake:

Regards,

Tony

December 29th, 2008, 10:33 pm #7

Hardware store plumbing fittings are intended for gas (few psi), city water (under 100) or shop compressor pressures (under 200) depending. Auto ones for fuel (say 15 psi) or oil (say 100) systems.

The discovery is ten or 20 times that in service.

The materials and quailty needed are entirely different. IMO this is dangerous advice. Blow outs or thread stripping are a very real threat. You'll probably not have any troubles, but if it should let go while you're filling the gun.......

High pressure gasses are very dangerous, not to be messed about with IMO. If you're looking for a local shop to walk in and buy one in, try hydrolic fittings suppliers.

Doug Owen
hydraulic places will also know what to sell if they are advised what service the fittings will be used for.
Good call Doug.
Walter...