is there any high quality co2 rifles out there that arent well known

is there any high quality co2 rifles out there that arent well known

August 6th, 2017, 6:33 pm #1

I recently got rid of my pcp guns because I got bored with them. tired of leaks. I have been considering getting a co2. I like to hunt ground squirrels and will not pass up a 50 yard or even further shot with my current springers. so I am wondering are the guns like hammerli 850 as powerful and as good as you can get in co2 or are there ones I am not thinking of. I will start by saying I had mrods and airforce and am not interested in going those routes again and probably not interested in discovery either. so are there other even better guns than an 850 power and accuracy wise. thanks.

August 6th, 2017, 7:27 pm #2

Other than modded co2 rifles of one type or another, aren't a lot of choices.

If I were to pick one, out-of-the-box ready to go and if you can deal with bulk fill: the FDPCP. Know that out the box, tuned for a 1500-900psi fill of air, it does very well with bulk fill co2. The same flow-mods that make it do will with air at about co2 (summer) pressures let it do quite well with co2.

August 6th, 2017, 9:16 pm #3

I recently got rid of my pcp guns because I got bored with them. tired of leaks. I have been considering getting a co2. I like to hunt ground squirrels and will not pass up a 50 yard or even further shot with my current springers. so I am wondering are the guns like hammerli 850 as powerful and as good as you can get in co2 or are there ones I am not thinking of. I will start by saying I had mrods and airforce and am not interested in going those routes again and probably not interested in discovery either. so are there other even better guns than an 850 power and accuracy wise. thanks.
great results with the Umarex fusion , its not great power but shoots in the high 600s , and some people get crazy accurate barrels.Its also probably the quietest co2 gun ever made from the factory. ALSo noteworthy , the loading cap for the cartridges is a pain in the butt.I too have no interest in PCP, got into it 6 yrs ago and lost interest quickly..Personally, I love modded co2 guns, I have my plinkster shooting 17fpe in 25 cal , and it fills my needs.A qb 78 with an after market barrel would also be an option.

August 6th, 2017, 11:38 pm #4

I know you mentioned Air Force but I have had a number of CO2 guns and I think I could say the best one of the bunch was a talon on CO2. FWIW. Brian

August 7th, 2017, 12:46 am #5

$100 gets you a very capable rifle. Mods and tricks are pretty much limitless after that. Pretty amazing for what you get for your $.

August 7th, 2017, 1:49 am #6

Ed, I have something you might like.
Can you email me?
David Enoch

August 7th, 2017, 2:34 am #7

They make some very interesting C02 match rifles and they are not terribly expensive. I am not sure what kind of power you can get from them but they are no different I would think to mod than any other co2 rifle. Perhaps an MK200 or MK300?

Pete

August 7th, 2017, 10:53 am #8

Right now I have 2, a Farco 22 cal and a M.M.B. Sky Hawk that shoots .375 lead balls, shot shells, and has a 22 cal sleeve. A very well made gun. The Filipino guns are light years ahead of contemporary CO2 guns in terms of valve efficiency. The Farco shoots much harder than my Crosman 160, although the fit and finish is crude compared to the 160. With a scope it's an accurate gun. The Sky Hawk will push the lead balls through 2 1 inch pine boards. It's loud as hell and a gas hog, but you'll be the only 1 on the block with one. Another advantage is these guns are meant to be survival tools and can be resealed with a couple of screwdrivers and hardware store o rings.

August 7th, 2017, 10:14 pm #9

Benjamin Maximus in .177 and shoot it on CO2. Getting amazing numbers and accuracy with CPUM in the box. Getting around 60 shots per fill.
Got it at Wally World for $135.00.
I'm happy.

August 7th, 2017, 10:43 pm #10

..they resist any easy attempt at conversion to really powerful co2 rifles by design.

Pretty much designed to give little "blips" of co2 to earn 4-5 foot pounds of energy over a long session of shots. LIght strikers, shot striker movement, small transfer ports, mega-shot count.

But they certainly were accurate.