Is it me or do a lot of these manufacturers ....

Is it me or do a lot of these manufacturers ....

February 16th, 2017, 2:29 pm #1

Seem to be putting more technology into semi auto air pistols rather than semi auto rifles??? The money in my opinion is in the rifles not the $120 semi blowback pistols
...think of all the $500-600 semi auto rifles they would sell if it was somewhat good .

February 16th, 2017, 4:43 pm #2

The semi-auto pistols are mostly aimed toward folks who want the cool look of a real gun, but without the hassles. They're also fun for plinking. But they only shoot .177 at 400 fps or so. Pretty harmless in the whole scheme of things.

When someone starts making affordable semi-automatic PCP rifles that have Serious Power, it's only a matter of time before someone does something stupid enough with them to get all of our airguns regulated like up in Canada. (500 fps limit, except if you have an overly-restrictive FAC)

February 16th, 2017, 5:12 pm #3

You'll probably get hammered for such heresy but I totally agree with you. Just my $.02 worth, nothing more.

February 16th, 2017, 5:23 pm #4

For a semi auto airgun to do something stupid when they can drop the same amount on something that can do real damage. Basically when you see how far semi air pistols have come then you would think throw the same effort into rifles .

February 16th, 2017, 6:15 pm #5

Seem to be putting more technology into semi auto air pistols rather than semi auto rifles??? The money in my opinion is in the rifles not the $120 semi blowback pistols
...think of all the $500-600 semi auto rifles they would sell if it was somewhat good .
Cuz I'd bet a tin of CHP's that those companies see the pistols as a much more profitable item. aND theyve done the market research....

There target audience IS NOT members of this forum...... (or any other air gun forum...)

February 16th, 2017, 6:27 pm #6

we are the dangerous audience wanting everything lol NFt

February 16th, 2017, 7:57 pm #7

no doubt bring "regulation" into play sooner, or later...more than likely sooner in places like California.

there are air guns that are now in the power range of some firearms, as we are well aware of.

where airguns are exempted from some rules, even in California, that will soon evaporate if fully moderated, firearm power equal, air arms are marketed; the "end" results of a shot(s) from either would be the same.

pistols are the foremost concern of legislators and law enforcement.

February 17th, 2017, 2:27 pm #8

For a semi auto airgun to do something stupid when they can drop the same amount on something that can do real damage. Basically when you see how far semi air pistols have come then you would think throw the same effort into rifles .
totting buddy if he showed up with one. Old .22LR can be had for under $100.00. Even a brand new Savage semi at Wallyworld was listed at $99.00 and EVERY and ANY Air Gun that even comes close to that power costs at least $1000.00 No, criminals all want handguns 9's, Nina's, that they can hold sideways and blast off with.
Air Guns are NOT in any danger. They will be treated as muzzle loaders at the very worst.
Do you have any idea how easy it is to turn a Mini full auto? That's what they are worried about, not full auto or semi auto Air Guns. Again, JMHO which doesn't mean Jack.

February 17th, 2017, 7:25 pm #9

nt

February 17th, 2017, 8:11 pm #10

totting buddy if he showed up with one. Old .22LR can be had for under $100.00. Even a brand new Savage semi at Wallyworld was listed at $99.00 and EVERY and ANY Air Gun that even comes close to that power costs at least $1000.00 No, criminals all want handguns 9's, Nina's, that they can hold sideways and blast off with.
Air Guns are NOT in any danger. They will be treated as muzzle loaders at the very worst.
Do you have any idea how easy it is to turn a Mini full auto? That's what they are worried about, not full auto or semi auto Air Guns. Again, JMHO which doesn't mean Jack.
I hope you're right (EOM)