Is Crosman / Benjamin Shipping Marauders

Is Crosman / Benjamin Shipping Marauders

February 25th, 2010, 4:58 pm #1

Hi,

I have had a .22 Marauder on order, with one of the larger suppliers, for around a month. Got a call from them last night. They said they had not gotten a shipment from Crosman for several weeks and Crosman would not tell them when they might see their next shipment. Tried to sell me another gun for $200.00 more. The price for the other rifle is $200.00 less than their normal price, so I think the deal would have been fair, but I want the Marauder.

Is Crosman having problems with production, or is demand just that high??? Anyone have any insight?

Y-O

February 25th, 2010, 5:43 pm #2

Maybe it was the same dealer but I also received the same message. They did not have the Marauder in stock; they did not know when the Marauder would be available; and they could offer another PCP for a few hundred off "regular" price. I have attempted to order Marauder from numerous sites after a Google search and all are out of stock.

February 25th, 2010, 5:55 pm #3

Hi,

I have had a .22 Marauder on order, with one of the larger suppliers, for around a month. Got a call from them last night. They said they had not gotten a shipment from Crosman for several weeks and Crosman would not tell them when they might see their next shipment. Tried to sell me another gun for $200.00 more. The price for the other rifle is $200.00 less than their normal price, so I think the deal would have been fair, but I want the Marauder.

Is Crosman having problems with production, or is demand just that high??? Anyone have any insight?
I would just call up Crosman and ask them about the availability of the .22 Marauder. Tell them whats happening to you, and see if they can help put an estimate on availability. If there is a shortage right now...it cant possibly be that much longer till they are available again.

Dont buy another airgun...stick with the Marauder...you wont be disappointed. I have one in .22 and will get one in .25 as soon as they are priced right.

They are listed as in stock at Pyramyd. Its the 25 caliber that wont be available till April.

February 25th, 2010, 6:18 pm #4

I received my Marauder 22 caliber 3 days ago from Pyramyd Air.

February 25th, 2010, 7:16 pm #5

Hi,

Crosman is not shipping any .22 Marauders to dealers of late, due to a shortage of a critical, .22 cal. specific component. As soon as the slow boat arrives they will be back in business. I'll let you guys figure out the rest.

It'll be worth the wait... The Marauder is a fine rifle.

And no, I can't share my information source.
Last edited by MB-BOB on February 25th, 2010, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 25th, 2010, 7:59 pm #6

Hi,

It might have something to do with the dealer you've ordered it from. I ordered my first one (.22 cal) direct from Crosman in Jan. (they had a really good discount at the time)and it arrived in 10 days. Ive had to have the first one replaced and the second is due to arrive today...about 12 days after I called to ask about shipping the replacement. Im no authority on the matter but I can tell you the Marauder is the best rifle Ive shot thus far and in my opinion is worth waiting for. Just my 2 cents...

February 25th, 2010, 8:21 pm #7

Hi,

I ordered on 2/8 and my card was billed on 2/9 (never had that happen before, most of the time a dealer will bill you a day or two before they ship). I called for the first time today to check on my order, they told me they were expecting them anytime and that I could cancel my order if I wanted. That tells me that they dont have a clue and dont want to deal with it. I guess I will ride it out, I stood with the order. If I dont see or hear anything about the marauder order by march then I will cancel.

February 25th, 2010, 10:37 pm #8

Hi,

I just checked the Crosman website, and it says the .22 Marauder is out of stock.
Not sure how this works, as I ordered one on the 14th, and it was back-ordered. Then it shipped on the 24th, so we'll see.

Back on the 14th, Pyramydair was on back-order till 3/1/10, but a few days later, they changed it to available, so they must have gotten an early shipment.

I think this is all demand based, as the Marauder is making its wave through the airgun community.

This will be my first PCP, and I know there are a few friends, that once I give it a thumbs up, will place an order for it.

February 26th, 2010, 12:33 am #9

that got my curiosity and i cannot see anything else being .22 specific besides mags and bolts

February 26th, 2010, 1:26 am #10

Think about it. If the Marauder is their number one seller, they have a vested interest in making sure that they can make all the rifles necessary to meet demand without any interruptions. How is it possible they find themselves out of stock of any component parts, given that it's "American made" and all, and they (presumably) control the entire supply chain internally? Obviously they don't.
Last edited by MB-BOB on February 26th, 2010, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.