Installing Studs for a bipod. Need Help!

Installing Studs for a bipod. Need Help!

June 19th, 2009, 3:02 am #1

How do you install swivel studs for a bipod on a disco stock? I've searched on how to install studs but had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

One shot, one kill

June 19th, 2009, 5:26 pm #2

I didn't get to respond to your email last night on my post with the Disco.

First I used bed liner beacuse it has good texture and is a rubber finish. This stuff is very forgiving when applying. I gave it 5 coats and feels like it can take some punishment. I think paint would be very smooth and shiny and I didn't want to have to deeal with finger prints as waqs going for a more tactical look not fancy.

the studs for the bipod are very easy to install.
first mark with a penicl where you want the stud to be located, I held my bipod up to the rifle then marked it.
then you drill a pilot hole with the smallest bit yu have.
next drill a hole 1/2" deep with a 5/32" drill bit
then use a bit one size bigger and drill into that hole just 1/8" down this will help the screw find it way in the hole with out splintering the wood.
"one recommendation" before you drill put some tape on the wood, this will also help with the drill bits not spintering the wood.
after that put your stud in and use a long nail or punch to help you turn the stud in.
once the stud is in , the bipod will fasten to the bolt and away you go.

Sounds a lot harder than it is. I put it off for along while afriad I would mess up but once I did one the rest of my rifles were easy.

Good Luck

Luis

June 19th, 2009, 6:09 pm #3

I have psoted this everywhere and never gotten a good response. Now I think I can do it but to be sure what stud do you think I should use? I see alot of combinations and can never figure it out. Where should I put the piece of tape on the wood? One last thing, what bipod did you use or recommend?

Anyway thanks for the detailed response.

One shot, one kill
Last edited by arrowking on June 19th, 2009, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 20th, 2009, 12:18 am #4

swivel studs, you can buy just the studs or the stud and swivle package.
try this link to see what they look like.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=887160

the shorter 1/2" one goes up front and the 3/4' goes on the back.

I buy them at Walmart, I also bought my Bipod there as well. Before I would buy them at Bass Pro or Cabalas but found that they were $15 cheaper at Walmart.
The bipod is a Rock Mount 9"-13" bipod, very simple but works great and they only weight 8oz.

not every Walmart carries gun supply so if you can find them there you should find them any where they sell guns supplies.

Once you do it you'll think man that was easy or oh crap what did I do!

just kidding, have fun with the project and it will turn out fine.

good luck

Luis