Installed a Rowan trigger in a LGU. I had my factory trigger

Installed a Rowan trigger in a LGU. I had my factory trigger

January 12th, 2018, 6:14 pm #1

adjusted fairly nice but some suggested the Rowan trigger was a better option. It was PITA installing. I agree it looks nicer but doesn't seem any better than the OEM, maybe worse. I haven't been able to adjust it to get a two stage trigger.I can get a VERY light single stage but when I back the first stage off, the gun will not fire. I tried adjusting the second stage with the first stage backed off but made zero difference. Any suggestions would be appricated.Also, is there a way to set the trigger off the gun to test? Thanks, Don

January 12th, 2018, 7:56 pm #2

as the original Walther trigger, it will not give you any different action....just a different feel because of the shape of the trigger.

I installed a Rowan trigger, didn't like it, so I drilled a new hole 1/2 way between the original front and rear screws and tapped it M3x0.5,same as the original Rowan screws, and moved the rear screw forward into the new location....you can get a really nice trigger now!

The front screw is projecting .1275"(3.14mm) above the surface of the trigger....The rear screw is at .104"(2.84mm) and this gives me a little bit of a long first stage and the second stage breaks with about 3/4 ounce additional pressure without any felt movement.

It helps to buff the top of the trigger screws to a larger radius, it gives a lot better "feel" and a very predictable break.

With your present trigger you could back-out both screws until the gun won't discharge, then adjust the rear screw in until the gun fires, then adjust the front screw in until you get the action you want.

Hope this helps,
ART

January 13th, 2018, 1:04 am #3

to epoxying ball bears in the cups
on steel screws a magnet works very well

just an idea but a good option to just rounding and polishing

January 13th, 2018, 11:38 am #4

adjusted fairly nice but some suggested the Rowan trigger was a better option. It was PITA installing. I agree it looks nicer but doesn't seem any better than the OEM, maybe worse. I haven't been able to adjust it to get a two stage trigger.I can get a VERY light single stage but when I back the first stage off, the gun will not fire. I tried adjusting the second stage with the first stage backed off but made zero difference. Any suggestions would be appricated.Also, is there a way to set the trigger off the gun to test? Thanks, Don
Be very careful! Backing both screws out. Screw the front one (1st stage) in until the gun goes off. Then back it out 1/2 a turn. So now the first stage moves the sear almost (cause you backed it out 1/2 turn) to firing point. Now screw in the back screw (2nd stage) until the gun goes off. The idea is to have the front screw (1st)with greater leverage move the sear to breaking point and at that moment the back screw (2nd) with less leverage takes over the job of moving the sear. The change in leverage makes the trigger harder to pull giving it the 2nd stage but requiring very little to break it. Depending on how light or heavy you want the second stage you can now screw in the front (1st) in to make it lighter (or go away) or back it out to make it heavier. But at this point it has so much leverage a little movement goes a long way. Cheers

January 13th, 2018, 11:16 pm #5

Nice triggers but the geometry is the same as the Walther target trigger. Screws are too far apart really. Don't gain much other than looks and maybe a bit of feel.

Yankee tune seems to be the best...install a longer M3x20 and shape/polish the head. I also put a small washer and wavy washer under the head to keep it in place. Worked great. Adjust till first stage fires and then back out till you get a second stage. Enjoy a very nice trigger pull with the factory setup.

Regards,

DT

January 14th, 2018, 6:19 pm #6

I added a longer trigger screw on my stock PLASTIC trigger and with some careful polishing of components and patience ended up with a Very nice trigger. I was eyeballing the Rowan unit,but i have a hard time believing it could be any better. I actually Like the contour of the original.

January 17th, 2018, 5:45 am #7

Left is original, center is tuning trigger. Right is machine from solid, to match where my finger lands on it. No I won't make you one.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XGavCGR92zlUVG5F2