Inaugural UKAHFT Match "AND" Field Target Match Heflin AL Sat 6.24.17 Weather permitting

June 21st, 2017, 1:32 am #1

Ok folks it's finally here. We're shooting two matches on Saturday and they will run concurrently. Our normal AAFTA FT match will start with a Shooter's Meeting at 0800. Anyone that wishes to may also shoot in the UKAHFT Match after the AAFTA match and your fees will cover both matches, just see me for an additional score card. A link below will provide the rules and match format. We will also hold a quick class before or after the AAFTA match to answer any questions you may have.

After speaking with Pete Sparks @ UKAHFT, we will essentially be doubling the classes with under 12fpe and over 12 fpe. I explained to him that almost every rifle marketed through our big box stores (Walmart, Bass Pro, etc.) are in excess of 12 fpe. So when you review the rules, every division of shooters, whether based on power plant, caliber, etc. will have an over and under 12 fpe bracket. The power cut off will be 20 fpe regardless of power plant or caliber. Everything else will be played exactly to UKAHFT specifications.

This will work well for any that would like to participate with their AAFTA hunter setup.

The first UKAHFT match will begin at 0900. I'm planning on shooting with both groups.

UKAHFT Rules > https://www.sites.google.com/site/ukahft/2017-rules

UKAHFT Format > https://www.sites.google.com/site/ukahft/2017-format

Our plan is to shoot this game a couple of months to get familiar with it and then our local park and rec. will be sending out fliers for school. This is going to be a great game for kids as there are many hunters and hunting families in our area. And it is similar to 3D archery in that distances have to be judged more so than measured (although there is some bracketing potential and crude range finding in the UKAHFT game). If the response is positive, then we will separate the match dates and run two matches a month.

UKAHFT has received our affiliation form so this is legit. We're looking forward to giving this a go and many thanks to both Pete Sparks and Nick Byrne for answering my question and guiding me through the course setup.

We're going to call this "The Hunting Game" locally. I think they kids will love it. I've so wanted to get them more involved. I'll keep everyone posted. If we have to cancel due to rain, we will shoot the following Saturday 7.1.17

Thanks,

Paul

June 21st, 2017, 10:47 am #2

me to get set. Would need a diff scope set up on the 12 FPE rifle. I applaud the fact of your doing this match. I would love to try it. It should be fun once the differences from AAFTA rules are gotten used to.

This really brings a more true hunter style to field target. Kudos guys...

June 21st, 2017, 3:41 pm #3

Thanks for the kind words. Stay posted. We will be holding some type of Championship in a few months.

P

June 21st, 2017, 4:40 pm #4

Will do! Thanks

June 22nd, 2017, 2:04 pm #5

Ok folks it's finally here. We're shooting two matches on Saturday and they will run concurrently. Our normal AAFTA FT match will start with a Shooter's Meeting at 0800. Anyone that wishes to may also shoot in the UKAHFT Match after the AAFTA match and your fees will cover both matches, just see me for an additional score card. A link below will provide the rules and match format. We will also hold a quick class before or after the AAFTA match to answer any questions you may have.

After speaking with Pete Sparks @ UKAHFT, we will essentially be doubling the classes with under 12fpe and over 12 fpe. I explained to him that almost every rifle marketed through our big box stores (Walmart, Bass Pro, etc.) are in excess of 12 fpe. So when you review the rules, every division of shooters, whether based on power plant, caliber, etc. will have an over and under 12 fpe bracket. The power cut off will be 20 fpe regardless of power plant or caliber. Everything else will be played exactly to UKAHFT specifications.

This will work well for any that would like to participate with their AAFTA hunter setup.

The first UKAHFT match will begin at 0900. I'm planning on shooting with both groups.

Our plan is to shoot this game a couple of months to get familiar with it and then our local park and rec. will be sending out fliers for school. This is going to be a great game for kids as there are many hunters and hunting families in our area. And it is similar to 3D archery in that distances have to be judged more so than measured (although there is some bracketing potential and crude range finding in the UKAHFT game). If the response is positive, then we will separate the match dates and run two matches a month.

UKAHFT has received our affiliation form so this is legit. We're looking forward to giving this a go and many thanks to both Pete Sparks and Nick Byrne for answering my question and guiding me through the course setup.

We're going to call this "The Hunting Game" locally. I think they kids will love it. I've so wanted to get them more involved. I'll keep everyone posted. If we have to cancel due to rain, we will shoot the following Saturday 7.1.17

Thanks,

Paul
Paul, I really like your initiative to try this format out, and especially for the local kids! I also regret I'm so far away - I think it would be a pretty interesting challenge to try out a HFT match. I look forward to photos and reports!

Matt B.

June 22nd, 2017, 8:14 pm #6

Thanks,

Paul
K

June 23rd, 2017, 11:21 pm #7

Paul, I really like your initiative to try this format out, and especially for the local kids! I also regret I'm so far away - I think it would be a pretty interesting challenge to try out a HFT match. I look forward to photos and reports!

Matt B.
We'll keep you posted.

P

June 23rd, 2017, 11:22 pm #8

K
Thanks Buddy!! (nt)