If a individual shot in the HTF because that was the only ..............

If a individual shot in the HTF because that was the only ..............

February 6th, 2011, 4:10 pm #1

class that his body allowed him to shoot in do you think the Open (PCP) class would accept him into their fold and allow him to use his bucket and bipod with their equipment rules. This might be a possible fair way to get the big scopes out of HFT and still be fair to shooter that has invested in his equipment. Would appreciate just a Yea or Nea vote rather that create a unfriendly enviroment ;8) Although this thread is open for comments if you care to share.

February 6th, 2011, 4:16 pm #2

Setting?

I think local matches would have much greater leeway in allowing it vs. National or Regional matches with existing rules.

Edit: in terms of making an AAFTA rules change I'd say no just because of the issue of verifying that someone can or can't get into the FT Position, thus warranting bucket and bipod use in Open Class.

At a club level, heck why not create an XFT Class for Extreme FT!

Regards,

Tony
Last edited by Trojan1994 on February 6th, 2011, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 6th, 2011, 4:56 pm #3

All of the Above nt

February 6th, 2011, 4:59 pm #4

Setting?

I think local matches would have much greater leeway in allowing it vs. National or Regional matches with existing rules.

Edit: in terms of making an AAFTA rules change I'd say no just because of the issue of verifying that someone can or can't get into the FT Position, thus warranting bucket and bipod use in Open Class.

At a club level, heck why not create an XFT Class for Extreme FT!

Regards,

Tony
over a harness and shooting jacket?

February 6th, 2011, 5:10 pm #5

In my opinion, the generally accepted use of bipod/sticks and a bucket/seat over 6" of height is a huge disadvantage generally speaking.

But with the method that say LD and some other shooters down south use, I say they are on par if not more stable/better off position wise than someone in a jacket and/or straps.

Now put someone with LD's innovative HFT shooting style AND an Open Class Rig with Optics and Clicking, I think they have all the advantage if they can get comfortable with that position.

Everyone's different and needs to find what works for them and their shooting style/technique.

Just my humble opinion.

Regards,

Tony

February 6th, 2011, 5:19 pm #6

class that his body allowed him to shoot in do you think the Open (PCP) class would accept him into their fold and allow him to use his bucket and bipod with their equipment rules. This might be a possible fair way to get the big scopes out of HFT and still be fair to shooter that has invested in his equipment. Would appreciate just a Yea or Nea vote rather that create a unfriendly enviroment ;8) Although this thread is open for comments if you care to share.
it's aids even high power scopes is equal to harnesses and knee stands and thigh support... and scores prove this out.. just got this post from the Tacoma Wa. club.. Sarah is a very young women shooter.. JD's grand daughter..

In HUNTER Class
Sarah Mickel with a 39/40 That S200 that Bori stocked for her really shoots.
JD with a 38/40
Bob Gribble 37/40
Rick Blatt 36/40 (tie)
John Calhoun 36/40 (tie)

So.. sure.. great idea Bill..

Hey.. maybe we can let our pistol rules committee work on this subject too... since we are doing so well on the pistol rules:-)..

I think moving high power scopes and expensive match grade equipment into Open class is a good idea.. and then have a real clean budget minded entry level "Hunter Class" where the total package is under $600 or something figure like that..at retail.. Or some kind of "Filter" to keep it entry level equipment.. "a race to the bottom" ... so to speak..

Wacky Wayne,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

February 6th, 2011, 7:30 pm #7

how do we cover a $200  gun that has been modified/customised?

February 6th, 2011, 9:32 pm #8

To allow buckets and bi-pods in Open Class, but the shooter must choose between those OR a shooting harness. Hey, I'm always thinking... it just seldom shows!

February 6th, 2011, 10:30 pm #9

February 6th, 2011, 10:32 pm #10

it's aids even high power scopes is equal to harnesses and knee stands and thigh support... and scores prove this out.. just got this post from the Tacoma Wa. club.. Sarah is a very young women shooter.. JD's grand daughter..

In HUNTER Class
Sarah Mickel with a 39/40 That S200 that Bori stocked for her really shoots.
JD with a 38/40
Bob Gribble 37/40
Rick Blatt 36/40 (tie)
John Calhoun 36/40 (tie)

So.. sure.. great idea Bill..

Hey.. maybe we can let our pistol rules committee work on this subject too... since we are doing so well on the pistol rules:-)..

I think moving high power scopes and expensive match grade equipment into Open class is a good idea.. and then have a real clean budget minded entry level "Hunter Class" where the total package is under $600 or something figure like that..at retail.. Or some kind of "Filter" to keep it entry level equipment.. "a race to the bottom" ... so to speak..

Wacky Wayne,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range
I don't think the cost of the rifle and scope should be the issue. They represent the minimal about of equipment you need to shoot and there will always be people that enjoy shooting expensive and exotic equipment and those that love to beat people shooting expensive and exotic equipment. In my experience a good shooter with an average cost rifle and optics will usually beat an average shooter with high end equipment. This is what it is all about, not how much you can afford but how well you can shoot! Let's have a class with minimal equipment requirements, but let's not limit the cost of the equipment.

Jim in Sacramento