I was thinking of turning my Disco.into a bottle gun like

I was thinking of turning my Disco.into a bottle gun like

June 14th, 2012, 7:43 pm #1

the QB79's are with the 13cu.in.bottles. I want to put the 22cu.in.bottle on mine with a regulater like the JDS bottles.I want to cut the air tube,and permanently mount the bottle block(I'll have it were I can remove to work on gun if needed).Does the JDS block fit the I.D.of the tube well? Any input on were I might get the right part? I want to take the gauge mounting assembly out,and mill the port larger with out damaging the gauge threads.This Disco. will be .177,so will there have to be a spring tensioner installed for constant shot velocity? I was thinking if I set the tank reg.to consistanly exhaust 1000psi. my pellet fps.should remain some what consistant,and give me an outrageous shot count! I figure I should get some where around 950's,or 980's with that set up depending on pellet weight.Do you guys think that's a good velocity,or should I go for more power? I already have a TKO LDC for it,so that should settle any noise issues.I don't want radical vel.,and bad accuracy.I want a happy medium.On the Lyod's double-tube video he says that the hole in the gauge mounting block inside the tube acts as a regulator for the gun,so my question is how big of a diam.hole do I have to mill to negate this kind of action from happening,and do I want that to happen? I thought that I need to make the hole large enough to allow the air to flow unobstructed,yet small enough not to be detrimental to the block.Any suggestions on the size? Let me know what you guys think.I'll be waiting to see what we come up with.Thanks.

June 15th, 2012, 9:49 am #2

Seams like a lot of work, and I get it their fun to mod. But a 850 is a nice setup and a refurb is very reasonable, you get a repeater with it also. I was just mentioning it in case you didn't consider it as a option. But what your looking to do could be a fun project.
Good luck,
Don

June 15th, 2012, 11:24 pm #3

having closet queens that I'm not happy with is to turn them into something I want to grab,and shoot when I get the chance.I'm also going to fix,or modify whatever injured reserve players I have.Instead of having guns around that I don't enjoy shooting,or can't because I shot the crap out of them I'm going to get them in shape again,than I don't need to invest in new ones.I know there are times when old faithful isn't making you happy any more,and you just need some new blood to liven things up again.But at this point in time I'd rather utilze what I have.There comes a time when you realize how spoiled I've become.I learned to appreciate the rifles I work on more when I do the work myself.I'm talking about R&R's not machining valves out or anything like that.I don't have access to lathes any more like I used to.I also decided that I won't buy any more air guns that aren't self contained like springers,multi pump,and the PCP's that I can hand pump up.No CO2! That's a waste of money to me.It's because of were I live near Chgo.where the extreme weather conditions mess with shot consistancy.The HPA is so consistant you gotta love it.That's why the conversion.I have a QB79 that's a dream to shoot,and so accurate it hurts!I want the Disco. to be like that in .177.Input gratefully looked forward to.