I want to give it up to the C-130 Hercules which has over 50 years

I want to give it up to the C-130 Hercules which has over 50 years

March 16th, 2012, 4:21 pm #1

<p>of continuous production.First flight 1954...I think it is so homely that it is cute in a functional way.</p><p>    I used to see "Fat Albert"at the "Blue Angles' air shows,that was the coolest one I have seen,though I know the bad a88s one is the flying gunship model.</p><p>    Along with the DC-3,which will never be outlived the Hercules will always be around.....</p>

March 16th, 2012, 4:32 pm #2

There's something about a 40mm bofors hanging from the side of a Hercules lobbing HE shells.

For aerial Zombie defence I think it kicks serious arse

Sick 'em Hoff!!!

March 16th, 2012, 4:50 pm #3

<p>of continuous production.First flight 1954...I think it is so homely that it is cute in a functional way.</p><p>    I used to see "Fat Albert"at the "Blue Angles' air shows,that was the coolest one I have seen,though I know the bad a88s one is the flying gunship model.</p><p>    Along with the DC-3,which will never be outlived the Hercules will always be around.....</p>
<p>I'm about 30 miles east of Pope,  a few times a year i get a low fly over of 130's . An air show every year at Pope is always a good day trip. Pope serves as support for the Airborne at next door Bragg. </p><p>Doug S.</p>

March 16th, 2012, 4:52 pm #4

Head Gopher and Assistant
Match Director Ashland Air Rifle Range
Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle

March 16th, 2012, 5:27 pm #5

He was stationed in Sacramento. I rode on one once when I was in the Army in 1967.

March 16th, 2012, 5:29 pm #6

March 16th, 2012, 6:19 pm #7

March 16th, 2012, 7:50 pm #8

Once hopped a ride with C-130 from Japan to Australia on jump seats, after 5 hours in it.. I have to stretch out and get the blood flowing. Lucky for me, got me an engine canister in the cargo bay to lay down till we land in Darwin. The crew decided we spend over night to get the props in sync for were getting vibrations from hell plus the air pockets we roller coasted. Flew the following day for trip across Australia to Perth and linked up with my ship.

March 16th, 2012, 8:29 pm #9

Better than those Rope seats on the side.

March 16th, 2012, 9:05 pm #10

Lived right under the flight path of Moffet Field and used to watch that big bird come floating in. Remarkable sssssssssssssssight really.

Alway felt I could climb up on the roof and knock it out of the air with a well placed rock. Hard to fathom ssssssssssomethin SO BIG could go ssssssssssssso slow without falling out of the sky.

ssssSnake