I want a vacation house in fl....

I want a vacation house in fl....

April 1st, 2017, 11:43 pm #1

And I really don't need to be close to the water but no further than a hr ride... where I can find a spot with 5acres plus and pretty cheap like less than 125k? Just figured I would ask you guys first...maybe you can give me a secret spot I should target.

April 2nd, 2017, 12:36 am #2

less than one perfect of florida land is 1 hour away from water.I only lived on the coast , but I know inland even 6-8 miles got cheap and fast
Last edited by robnewyork on April 2nd, 2017, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2017, 12:49 am #3

And I really don't need to be close to the water but no further than a hr ride... where I can find a spot with 5acres plus and pretty cheap like less than 125k? Just figured I would ask you guys first...maybe you can give me a secret spot I should target.
... and there were deals available. We rented a house about 11 minutes from Lake Topo and the crappie fishing was unbelievable!

I can see why you would want to live there, if I could talk the wife into it I would be gone tomorrow. We got back Thursday evening and had rain and 41 degrees here in Indiana.

April 2nd, 2017, 1:07 pm #4

Sounds good until you get there...heat ,crowds,weather threats ,insurance costs ...I'll stay in New England ...not great BUT...then again you said vacation house to go to if your still working maybe 2-3 weeks a year ....BUT THE RELATIVES WILL BE EXCITED

April 2nd, 2017, 3:51 pm #5

(on a consulting basis, no designs so far as I know)That tells you something about how seriously the state takes ocean level rise.

So how are those dikes going to be paid for? The Feds aren't going to do it.

April 2nd, 2017, 4:37 pm #6

Seems lots of businesses and costal cities are preparing for a rise in sea levels. They must not have heard the news that GW is a ruse.

April 2nd, 2017, 5:25 pm #7

IF I was moving here and wanted acreage I would probably be looking near Vero beach or inland from there. Not far from the beach, not far from Orlando and Disney, not far from the cape. lots of nice places out there. I don't know about prices but the farther inland you go the cheaper it is. We just moved back to the St. Lucie area after almost 16 years of living in tennessee. Lovin' it so far. Some beatiful and relatively uncluttered/uncrowded beaches here too with great fishing in the indian River and Intracoastal as well as the ocean of course. Good luck man!!

Pete

April 3rd, 2017, 1:53 am #8

What do you like to do? Doing something with the land? How bout temps? nt

April 3rd, 2017, 2:45 am #9

(on a consulting basis, no designs so far as I know)That tells you something about how seriously the state takes ocean level rise.

So how are those dikes going to be paid for? The Feds aren't going to do it.
live somewhere your house can have a full basement and be built on a granite base. if i needed to ditch NY, i'd look at PA. getting just a bit down south can be enough.
i would never complicate life by having a second house either. it's a mighty challenge keeping up one house, and i'm a career building tradesman. be comfortable and secure in your primary residence and love the heck out of it.

April 3rd, 2017, 12:36 pm #10

Being less than 1 hour shouldn't present a problem. There is no location in the state of Florida that is more that 50 miles from either the Gulf or the Atlantic.