I think my scope is broken PLEASE REPLY SOON AS YOU READ!!!!

I think my scope is broken PLEASE REPLY SOON AS YOU READ!!!!

November 2nd, 2006, 9:17 pm #1

Hi Everyone

I was trying to sight in my scope using instuctions from pyramid air and it just wasn't working, i tried 3 types of pellets, and they didn't work, thers a rattleing in my scope so what is that?

I really want answers, the worst is that i can't get the scope off I don't have the tools!

Oliver
Last edited by roran1234 on November 2nd, 2006, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 2nd, 2006, 9:32 pm #2

It looks like you may have tweaked the scope when adjusting it. You can't turn the windage with out adjusting the elevation. That will wreck the scope. OK try holding the gun very steady on a rest (maybe some blankets or pillows) Look through the scope at a target point, and try to slowly adjust the windage and elevation with 3 tlicks on each one. see if your getting movement inside the scope with the reticle.

Last edited by photo22 on November 2nd, 2006, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 2nd, 2006, 10:09 pm #3

I don't understand why adjusting for windage, alone, will wreck a scope. Once the vertical, or range, is set, how else would you adjust the horizontal?

OK, I just re-read the post. Are you talking about adjusting the rings/mount or the scope? You can damage a scope's tube and internals by over-tightening the rings or using too small a set. Did you buy the scope from Pyramid as an air gun scope? If it's not and mounted on a springer, likely you've shaken it apart. If it's an airgun scope, send it back or in for warranty work.

But you say you can't unmount it because you haven't the right tools. Did it come on the gun?

Anyway, look at the screws holding it on. They will be slotted or Allen wrench (like hexagons). If Allen, go to the hardware store or auto shop and buy yourself a set of wrenches. You will need them down the road, anyway. Make sure you get a good fit with either a proper sized screw driver or Allen wrench and use steady pressure. Once off, you can pursue warranty repair or replacement.

It will really help to describe things next time.

What, me worry???
Last edited by RedFeather on November 2nd, 2006, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 2nd, 2006, 10:20 pm #4

Hi

It's a A.S.O

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/
the 4x32 I.R

Tarpon Joe gave it to me, and well now it's not working and I dunno about any warrenty, and it seems expensive and good quality!

Oliver

November 2nd, 2006, 10:23 pm #5

I was editing my post while you were answering some of my Q's. Ok, it's an airgun scope. Tell me how you think you botched it and how it is mounted.

What, me worry???

November 2nd, 2006, 10:26 pm #6

I've got to go to my son's football game shortly. Hate to leave him hanging, but I just noticed the time. Sorry 'bout that, Ol.

What, me worry???

November 2nd, 2006, 10:33 pm #7

All I know is that teh gun expert at outdoor basspro mounted it, and that it's rattleing what does the rattling mean? can i fix it, how much would a new scope be?

Oliver

November 2nd, 2006, 11:55 pm #8

Did you ever fire the gun before putting the scope on? What ranges are you shooting and how far off of target are you? Have you moved the scope adjustments to the limits did they get hard to turn or just stop?

bill h.

Their are no problems, just opportunities for a solution.

November 2nd, 2006, 11:59 pm #9

They just stop, it's definitly the scopei'm about10 yards away

November 2nd, 2006, 11:59 pm #10

All I know is that teh gun expert at outdoor basspro mounted it, and that it's rattleing what does the rattling mean? can i fix it, how much would a new scope be?

Oliver
Oliver, you said you weren't able to remove the scope for lack of proper tools, right? Are you absolutely certain the noise in in the scope? For your sake I hope it's not the scope. I mentioned in a reply to your other post those rings are not up to the task. They appear to be the type that come with a strip of tape in the cap and base to prevent scope slip, if they are indeed those ring I think the scope is toast. The reason is that to stop the scope from slipping the caps need to be tightened to the point that the scope tube is crushed. The added tape means the rings are no longer round in profile, thus deforming the tube. I hope that isn't the case here. The best you can do at this point is obtain the tools needed to remove the scope and shoot the gun with the sights. That will at least tell you it isn't the barrel or ammo. Then take the rings off the scope and see if they have damaged the scope tube and see if the scope is the source of the noise. You may want to take the whole mess back to BassPro and they may do something for you if the damage is a result of them mounting the scope.