I THINK I found a good "range tape material" at Lowes.

I THINK I found a good "range tape material" at Lowes.

March 19th, 2011, 11:41 pm #1

Its Scotch brand Professional Grade Vinyl Electrical Tape and it's 3/4" wide x .007 thick on a 66ft roll. It comes in several colors and according to the sales pitch on the package it's weather resistant, resists fading and it's good from 32 degrees F to 221 degrees F. I found it easy to roll a strip of tape on the sidewheel (don't stretch it) then trim the excess with a sharp utility knife. The neat thing is that you can make a light mark with a pencil, erase & remark if necessary, then use a fine Sharpie permanent marker to add permanent marks. Anywhoo....seems to work better than paper with transparent tape on top.
Here's a pic........

You can even see some light pencil marks I made today but I haven't "cast it in stone" with a permanent marker. I'm still working out the wrinkles in the HW77 setup.

March 19th, 2011, 11:47 pm #2

get the excess trimmed nice and tight with sidewheels and elevation knobs, comes in a variety of colors...

I use an Extra Fine Sharpie and if I make a mistake, a q-tip with some carb cleaner will wipe the ink off cleanly so I can re-write it!

Very weather resistant!!!

Regards,

Tony

March 20th, 2011, 1:09 am #3

Is the forestock flat or concave?

March 20th, 2011, 1:17 am #4

It's flat Fence Base, 2 x 4 that has a channel in it for fence slats!!! Cheap but works!!!

REgards,

Tony

March 20th, 2011, 2:24 am #5

I thought you were el ranchero diabolo el zorro of the PFT ? and now I see this creation..
what is it ?

you just teasin with the ranchero ?
whassup

I thought the same about that wood already channelled.. been sitting on it.
dk

"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL"

March 20th, 2011, 2:41 am #6

It's flat Fence Base, 2 x 4 that has a channel in it for fence slats!!! Cheap but works!!!

REgards,

Tony
I added a roughly concave divot in the forestock to give it some better stability. Less rocking side to side. I'm also adding palm swell/shelf to give me a bit more control on the vertical. Shooting from FT posiition without a shoulder stock is proving to be quite tough.

March 20th, 2011, 3:03 am #7

I thought you were el ranchero diabolo el zorro of the PFT ? and now I see this creation..
what is it ?

you just teasin with the ranchero ?
whassup

I thought the same about that wood already channelled.. been sitting on it.
dk

"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL"
after the 2009 Nationals, I decided to focus on my TKO22 pistol which is based on a Crosman 2240 that is set up for HPA. It's set at sub 12fpe, wicked accurate with 8.4gr JSB Exacts and seemingly defies the wind as friends have seen at my club and Golden State Field Target Club where I have shot it at.

The Ranchero is set up as my "X Gun" for Experimental and Applied PFT where "allowed"!!!

The TKO22 is what I've been shooting since the 2009 Nationals and now the "Fence Base" is causing a stir, lol!!!

Regards,

Tony

March 20th, 2011, 3:06 am #8

I added a roughly concave divot in the forestock to give it some better stability. Less rocking side to side. I'm also adding palm swell/shelf to give me a bit more control on the vertical. Shooting from FT posiition without a shoulder stock is proving to be quite tough.
provides excellent stability with my er, uh "unique shooting position"!!!

I'd love to build up a QB pcp pistol using a regged HPA tank this year...got any pics to share?

The PFT position does present some challenges to find the "Comfortable AND Stable" position...I have found it but get penalized at some places that say "no can do!!!"

Regards,

Tony

March 21st, 2011, 12:53 am #9

after the 2009 Nationals, I decided to focus on my TKO22 pistol which is based on a Crosman 2240 that is set up for HPA. It's set at sub 12fpe, wicked accurate with 8.4gr JSB Exacts and seemingly defies the wind as friends have seen at my club and Golden State Field Target Club where I have shot it at.

The Ranchero is set up as my "X Gun" for Experimental and Applied PFT where "allowed"!!!

The TKO22 is what I've been shooting since the 2009 Nationals and now the "Fence Base" is causing a stir, lol!!!

Regards,

Tony
Made specifically for shot legs. LOL! Too many people are using the Ranchero to not use it. As long as it falls under 12 ft lbs and the barrel is in spec I don't understand why it would create a ruckus. That pistol can't shoot it self! Some credit has got to go to that guy who set it up and shoots it even it he does stir the pot once in a while.;>) Sometimes things just need to get mixed up alittle!

March 22nd, 2011, 12:08 am #10

that's for sure, mine's set up at sub 12fpe on medium power with Express(.22)...

Dunno, some get bent outta shape on the equipment and forget there was some bloke that actually pulled da trigger BUT is also good at Stirrin da Pot and Slingin' It with a Jethro sized spoon if necessary!!!

Definitely need to mix things up, otherwise we end up with the FT Version of IROC where everyone's gotta use the same equipment!!!

Regards,

Tony