i recently made a deal with another yellow member (selling my airgun)...

i recently made a deal with another yellow member (selling my airgun)...

April 12th, 2017, 4:46 am #1

and have a question about safest way for both of us to make transaction.money order from post office?cashiers check from bank?,and whats the safest way to ship the gun?thru post office?or ups?thanks for your help.

April 12th, 2017, 11:32 am #2

Shippers are like car brands, I think every airgunner has a personal favorite and a most-hated, based on personal experience.

So you have my .02 after far too many transactions. I think USPS is a poor second, and Fedex is the worst. But from what I read on the forums, there are just as many who would rank them differently.

Fedex has really been consistently infuriating.

April 12th, 2017, 12:20 pm #3

and have a question about safest way for both of us to make transaction.money order from post office?cashiers check from bank?,and whats the safest way to ship the gun?thru post office?or ups?thanks for your help.
Never had a problem with USPS or UPS.

April 12th, 2017, 1:15 pm #4

We have had fedex fail on almost every delivery. We have called and complained for years and we still get sh!t service. Deliver when they want and always broke.
One time they busted 4 computer cases in a row, even when the manager brought it out in his car, almost two months late. Another time they sent my package from Mo to ILL via the Hawaiian islands, they said it was the fastest way. I could go on and on with them. UPS on the other hand has never busted a package, been late one or two times by a day due to weather. I even had one driver carry a large heavy box up my steep road due to weather. Mark

April 12th, 2017, 2:13 pm #5

My FedEx experience has been excellent. Superior tracking and delivery success is 100%. Not so much with UPS who after delivering hundreds of packages sent me a note telling me the address on the package (which was correct) didn't exist. USPS is fine but their tracking is crummy. I think my experience is largely influenced by the last-minute guy in the truck.

-Scot

April 12th, 2017, 2:42 pm #6

When I need a money order, if ever, Amscot has them free. nt

April 12th, 2017, 5:22 pm #7

bankrupt.

April 12th, 2017, 7:56 pm #8

The safest forms of payments for sellers would be PayPal or USPS money order, but instruct the buyer to make NO mention of guns in any PayPal transaction.

Last time I checked all the fine print, USPS considers air PISTOLS as firearms; so don't ship air pistols through the postal service. However USPS doesn't consider air RIFLES as firearms, Nevertheless I'd research their shipping regulations carefully, and not ship an airgun with any pressure remaining in the chamber (read the fine print).

As of the last time I checked, UPS was the safest bet for shipping airguns because of their (most) lenient airgun shipping regulations.

As for Fedex, they simply SUCK! Twice they've left packages in my driveway, outside my garage door, right in the left tire track. The first package I drove over contained 1,000 rounds of rimfire ammo. Thankfully only several of the plastic ammo boxes were broken, with no damage to any cartridges. But imagine if some of the rims were dented on that RIMFIRE ammo; specifically the possibility of a chain reaction if just ONE of the 1,000 rounds detonated! I WAS LIVID, and made that known in no uncertain terms when I spoke to the Fedex manager.

NEVERTHELESS, a couple months later Fedex left another package in the same place and I drove over it. Luckily the rifle scope was narrowly missed by the tire and was undamaged, but a half-dozen tins of JSB pellets were badly damaged. I repeat, FEDEX SUCKS!

April 13th, 2017, 4:57 am #9

thanks a million guys,very good advice,nt.

April 13th, 2017, 11:54 am #10

The safest forms of payments for sellers would be PayPal or USPS money order, but instruct the buyer to make NO mention of guns in any PayPal transaction.

Last time I checked all the fine print, USPS considers air PISTOLS as firearms; so don't ship air pistols through the postal service. However USPS doesn't consider air RIFLES as firearms, Nevertheless I'd research their shipping regulations carefully, and not ship an airgun with any pressure remaining in the chamber (read the fine print).

As of the last time I checked, UPS was the safest bet for shipping airguns because of their (most) lenient airgun shipping regulations.

As for Fedex, they simply SUCK! Twice they've left packages in my driveway, outside my garage door, right in the left tire track. The first package I drove over contained 1,000 rounds of rimfire ammo. Thankfully only several of the plastic ammo boxes were broken, with no damage to any cartridges. But imagine if some of the rims were dented on that RIMFIRE ammo; specifically the possibility of a chain reaction if just ONE of the 1,000 rounds detonated! I WAS LIVID, and made that known in no uncertain terms when I spoke to the Fedex manager.

NEVERTHELESS, a couple months later Fedex left another package in the same place and I drove over it. Luckily the rifle scope was narrowly missed by the tire and was undamaged, but a half-dozen tins of JSB pellets were badly damaged. I repeat, FEDEX SUCKS!
"The first package I drove over contained...." That's hillarious Ron!. nt