i need a FFL for a part from GAMO----ABSURD----and that part is

i need a FFL for a part from GAMO----ABSURD----and that part is

May 23rd, 2017, 7:21 pm #1

a top to a Compact part number 14430
I have an idea for a scope mount and wanted to do the work on an top, much easier in hand and transfer the parts to the pistol
it's plastic and needs a FFL like I need a hole in my head
I can get one from Europe but why when Gamo is right here in the States

my feeling is they will----NOT SUPPORT THE OWNERS OF THERE PRODUCT WHY SUPPORT THEM----

my rant for the day, so Europe here I come

May 23rd, 2017, 8:56 pm #2

May I ask what state you live in?

May 23rd, 2017, 10:32 pm #3

1 in Spain but I was hoping to save a buck or two with a US supplier

I have no idea what you could do with the part beside club a mouse to death maybe

I like to fabricate an idea on a separate part, ideas change and extra holes might be drilled before your happy with the end product

there game is send it to us we'll fix it for X amount of dollars

but it isn't broken

someone last week ask about a scope mount for the Compact and after a few days of looking I came up with an idea that would work with the open sights and you could scope it also, without the weaver base interfering with the open sights

the base has to be very low and weaver and be cut out through the middle, found that part and you need to epoxy in a piece of metal--aluminum-- behind the barrel and screw from the top or the bottom which I'm still chewing on

just damn frustrating you can't get a simple part when you what it but I'm not alone this happens all the time with Gamo and as consumers we should somehow get them squared away

May 23rd, 2017, 11:06 pm #4

I have an idea for a scope mount and wanted to do the work on an top, much easier in hand and transfer the parts to the pistol

my feeling is they will----NOT SUPPORT THE OWNERS OF THERE PRODUCT WHY SUPPORT THEM----

This a GamoUSA rule or does it come from HQ in Spain? Either way its freakin' ridiculous.

May 23rd, 2017, 11:31 pm #5

That Gamo bought Daisy. :/

May 24th, 2017, 12:53 am #6

I live in WA as well and ordered some parts from Gamo with no issues about a month ago. Doesn't seem there is anything Gamo sells that would require an ffl, absurd!

May 24th, 2017, 2:01 am #7

This a GamoUSA rule or does it come from HQ in Spain? Either way its freakin' ridiculous.
will ship parts but shipping and or the starting price gets you in the wallet

May 25th, 2017, 10:57 am #8

I live in WA as well and ordered some parts from Gamo with no issues about a month ago. Doesn't seem there is anything Gamo sells that would require an ffl, absurd!
Maybe its a new policy, they don't want to deal with individuals, only established businesses. Will be interesting to know the whole story, further tarnish on their already spotty reputation.

May 25th, 2017, 6:24 pm #9

Certain parts do. See my post above.