I'm getting sick of this.....

I'm getting sick of this.....

April 6th, 2012, 3:56 am #1

For 2 weeks I've been trying to post Pictures on this Forum, using these steps I've been using all along, but to no avail:

1. Click on Photobucket

2. Enter User Name

3. Enter Password

4. Click on Login

5. Click on Browse

6. Select Picture from Computer Album

7. Click on Save

8. Click on Open

9. Click on Upload

From here on, nothing happens...I don't get the Computer picture on Photobucket's preview window like I used to.

Harold

April 6th, 2012, 4:16 am #2

Was having the same trouble. Came from out of the blue. All I have to do is open photobucket in another tab. Leave it open and then go back and post your pics as you normally would. A little inconvenient, but it works.

SteveP

I thought I was wrong once... But I was mistaken!

April 6th, 2012, 4:16 am #3

For 2 weeks I've been trying to post Pictures on this Forum, using these steps I've been using all along, but to no avail:

1. Click on Photobucket

2. Enter User Name

3. Enter Password

4. Click on Login

5. Click on Browse

7. Click on Save

8. Click on Open

9. Click on Upload

From here on, nothing happens...I don't get the Computer picture on Photobucket's preview window like I used to.

Harold

Drag the curser to the pic you want. A box will appear, HTML, Direct Link, and two others
I can't remember. Hold the curser over direct link and RIGHT click, then click on "Copy".
Then go back to wherever you want the pic to go and right click again, then click on
"Paste". The URL should show up.
Steve beat me to it, but yes, photobucket should be opened in another tab.

Hope I diercted you right, but it works for me.

Head Gopher and Assistant
Match Director Ashland Air Rifle Range
Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle
Last edited by mark600 on April 6th, 2012, 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 6th, 2012, 6:00 am #4

Ditto here,,,N/T

April 6th, 2012, 9:44 am #5

Hal

April 6th, 2012, 11:27 am #6

1. Click on Photobucket

2. Enter User Name

3. Enter Password

4. Click on Login

5. Click on Browse

7. Click on Save

8. Click on Open

9. Click on Upload

Harold

Hal,

Google Droplr and give it a try. Very easy, quick, and free.

George

If it has boobs or mechanical parts sooner or later there's going to be a problem.

April 6th, 2012, 1:01 pm #7

Hal
box that says "Off Topic Lounge", and a small square blank one. Put your curser on it and it says
"New Tab". Click on that one and open photobucket. You will notice at the bottom left of your screen several boxes behind the "E". (Explorer). Now you can switch back and forth between different pages.

Once you have copied your photo, curser down to the "E" and pick the page you want to paste to.
Also, on the main yellow forum page, there is a link to a tutorial for posting pics.

Good luck Hal.

Head Gopher and Assistant
Match Director Ashland Air Rifle Range
Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle

April 6th, 2012, 4:02 pm #8

.....nothing happened.

Was I supposed to CLICK on it too?

Also, what is a URL? Is it a File Name? A Web Address? Or a lever sticking out of my computer case?

I've owned PC's for 15 years, and to this day I'm not even sure what a Browser is!

Is it some kind of software or what?

I want to emphasize that what I want to do is transfer a picture FROM my computer TO my Photobucket album, so it can be added FROM my Photobucket album TO my Forum post.

Even now, I have no problem transferring a picture FROM my Photobucket album TO a Forum post.

Hal

April 6th, 2012, 4:51 pm #9

<p>it will say my computer,etc,that does Not work for me ,I go to select photos,then you are taken to your computer,I then hit libraries,then pictures then select..good luck...tell you what I have tried and tried to post my pictures on the yellow forum,they go up ,but are too small and nothing I try to make them bigger has worked,this yellow forum is the ONLY site that gives me a problem.</p>

April 6th, 2012, 5:03 pm #10

.....nothing happened.

Was I supposed to CLICK on it too?

Also, what is a URL? Is it a File Name? A Web Address? Or a lever sticking out of my computer case?

I've owned PC's for 15 years, and to this day I'm not even sure what a Browser is!

Is it some kind of software or what?

I want to emphasize that what I want to do is transfer a picture FROM my computer TO my Photobucket album, so it can be added FROM my Photobucket album TO my Forum post.

Even now, I have no problem transferring a picture FROM my Photobucket album TO a Forum post.

Hal
Hal,

A Browser is the program that lets you "look around" on the web. There are a few available, Microsoft Explorer comes with all MS operating systems, you can download others if you like.

"Tabbed Browsing" is new in the last couple years, it allows multiple sites to be accessed without opening multiple windows via the use of what appears to be tabs just like on a manila folder. They're near the top of the window and as you suspected, clicking on a tab is necessary to activate it.

As for uploading to photobucket, I just tried it and encountered a java scripting error. Could be my Java is out of date of it could be that there is an issue at photobucket. I'm running Chrome, not IE Explorer but the fact that it isn't working for you either makes me think there is a real issue.

-Scot