I have recieved my new RWS 34 today....

I have recieved my new RWS 34 today....

November 1st, 2006, 1:11 am #1

Thank God, it came in the mail today. I am going to go shooting tommarrow before band practice. I will use the Meisterkugeln 8.2 grain RWS pellets. I cleaned it when I opened the box. I'll tell ya what for the simpleness of the gun, meaning a lower count of moving parts, I am very pleased with the overall apparent quality. It is a medium weight for a rifle, around 7lbs. It came with a really nice wood stock, which I think makes the rifle look sexier. The RWS looks better when you hold it and get a real up close look at it than the pictures online. I also bought the RWS cleaning kit, basically for the extra set of rods, oil and pellets. I noticed that the barrel is a very tight fit and actually couldn't get the rod with the flat top to go down the barrel with a .22 cleaning patch. So I got out the cleaning kit I had with my Gamo and cleaned the barrel with it. There was a suprising amount of packing grease in the barrel. When you put a light pointing down the muzzle it looks like now there is more of just extra metal material from the manufacturing process of the barrel, which should clear out and get smoother around the 200 pellet mark, then I should be able to see a nice clean barrel. I am really looking forward to shooting it tommarrow!

Good men die young,

Great men never die!

Be safe, have fun.

Good men die young,

Great men never die!

Be safe, have fun.

November 1st, 2006, 8:25 am #2

November 2nd, 2006, 6:18 pm #3

Thank God, it came in the mail today. I am going to go shooting tommarrow before band practice. I will use the Meisterkugeln 8.2 grain RWS pellets. I cleaned it when I opened the box. I'll tell ya what for the simpleness of the gun, meaning a lower count of moving parts, I am very pleased with the overall apparent quality. It is a medium weight for a rifle, around 7lbs. It came with a really nice wood stock, which I think makes the rifle look sexier. The RWS looks better when you hold it and get a real up close look at it than the pictures online. I also bought the RWS cleaning kit, basically for the extra set of rods, oil and pellets. I noticed that the barrel is a very tight fit and actually couldn't get the rod with the flat top to go down the barrel with a .22 cleaning patch. So I got out the cleaning kit I had with my Gamo and cleaned the barrel with it. There was a suprising amount of packing grease in the barrel. When you put a light pointing down the muzzle it looks like now there is more of just extra metal material from the manufacturing process of the barrel, which should clear out and get smoother around the 200 pellet mark, then I should be able to see a nice clean barrel. I am really looking forward to shooting it tommarrow!

Good men die young,

Great men never die!

Be safe, have fun.

Good men die young,

Great men never die!

Be safe, have fun.
I have a RWS 34 variant after breaking it in its very accurate and getting smooth. Mines is the Panther 34 with the butt pad, the wood stock 34 is nice looking I just like you, wish it had a butt pad, but then it would be a RWS 36 or the 40 and cost $100+ more of course the stock different.

I think it will make you a nice air rifle.
Last edited by donack456 on November 2nd, 2006, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.