I give up on my Airmax I Trigger...........

TLU

May 27th, 2017, 8:23 pm #1

I'm obviously mechanically inept. I got the Airgunner Summer 2016 magazine which had the step by step guide to a trigger job. I thought I had it. I failed not once but four times! I don't know what I did wrong but it won't even cock now. It hasn't been abused in any way (well, except for when I was tapping on a pin with my punch and nicked the metal finish. That's about it. Well, I will stay away from trigger jobs and just be happy with external adjustment screws from now on.

The pistol is built so well, and has been so accurate. I give up. I also have the newer Airmax II and won't mess with it. Anybody want to buy a non-working (for me anyway) Airmax I pistol?!!!! Thanks, I just had to vent.

May 27th, 2017, 8:30 pm #2

What caliber and price? tlevta @ att.net

TLU

May 27th, 2017, 8:33 pm #3

I should place an Ad in the Classified section. It has the new grip.

May 27th, 2017, 8:34 pm #4

I'm obviously mechanically inept. I got the Airgunner Summer 2016 magazine which had the step by step guide to a trigger job. I thought I had it. I failed not once but four times! I don't know what I did wrong but it won't even cock now. It hasn't been abused in any way (well, except for when I was tapping on a pin with my punch and nicked the metal finish. That's about it. Well, I will stay away from trigger jobs and just be happy with external adjustment screws from now on.

The pistol is built so well, and has been so accurate. I give up. I also have the newer Airmax II and won't mess with it. Anybody want to buy a non-working (for me anyway) Airmax I pistol?!!!! Thanks, I just had to vent.
Whats the caliber and whats your price on it ? ruddy.vasquez@hotmail.com with some photos please?

Best regards,

Ruddy

May 27th, 2017, 9:22 pm #5

..it has worn in. Adjusted to a crisp break when new, the pivots/sear edges have worn a bit with use, and now it wants to be un-adjusted.

Sees anti-logical what you desire, but just back off whatever you have done until the sear holds at full cock.

May 27th, 2017, 10:17 pm #6

I found this very helpful when performing a trigger tune on my Gen II pistol. You may not have things assembled correctly. This video does a good job of giving a parts orientation visual. Don't give up. Send it back to MRODAIR as a last resort. Pay a nominal fee to correct the problem and enjoy your pistol again. (A big SORRY GUYS! to all of you in line to buy this gun at a bargain price.) I'm just trying to help a fellow airgunner.

Video Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2C_dSnCHZQ

TLU

May 27th, 2017, 10:35 pm #7

and I still failed. At least I have my Gen II model (that I will not mess with!) The Gen I sold already! But, thanks for trying. I appreciate it.

May 27th, 2017, 11:01 pm #8

A good thick sticky molly grease was about all I needed for transforming the trigger from a gritty creeping pull to a nice clean and smooth pull. Had almost went the same route of trying to polish it but then tried the grease first and found it to be more than adequate with only minor set screw adjustments needed. Just something to try with your gen2.

TLU

May 28th, 2017, 12:47 pm #9

I used Moly on the parts but evidently had something wrong. Did you remove the trigger, rocker arm, sear, and hammer to apply the Moly? Or did you just open it up and apply the Moly without removing individual parts? Thanks

May 28th, 2017, 12:57 pm #10

And then applied a liberal coating of moly bore paste in all the areas where contact was made. Some of the areas would be pretty difficult to get the paste into without taking everything apart in the trigger assembly (maybe not impossible, but tricky at any rate especially if like me you have large stubby fingers and hands). I also cleaned everything off/out with alcohol prior since there was a lot of stiff orange/brown factory grease in there.