I feel embarassed to post my long range groups after Jim and Flintsack

I feel embarassed to post my long range groups after Jim and Flintsack

March 2nd, 2012, 8:30 pm #1

But I shot them under a little different conditions.

Stiff wind blowing the wind sack straight out and changing angles every 2 minutes, field postion standing with a rest on the garden gate at 200 and 212 yards, no 16 power scope just a 2x7 Burris on 7 power with the 25 LBT.

Field expedient postion, I am a hunter and don't carry bags with me, so this is how I practice.

[/IMG]

Same size group again and again 7 inches

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
The 200 yard target is at the end of the vineyard where the trees start
[/IMG]

March 2nd, 2012, 8:36 pm #2

Drop with the 57 grain LBT sighted in at 70 yards with 940 FPS at 212 yards is 83.5 inches and with a 4 MPH wind at 90 degrees is 7.7 inches. The bullet is still going thru the metal but at this range lodging in the 1/2 inch plywood backstop.

March 2nd, 2012, 8:43 pm #3

Stiff wind blowing the wind sack straight out and changing angles every 2 minutes, field postion standing with a rest on the garden gate at 200 and 212 yards, no 16 power scope just a 2x7 Burris on 7 power with the 25 LBT.

Field expedient postion, I am a hunter and don't carry bags with me, so this is how I practice.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

sounds pretty good to me. Good shootin!

March 2nd, 2012, 9:33 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Be carefull kid or you'll shoot your eye out....

I can resist anything, but temptation

Pooh

March 2nd, 2012, 10:02 pm #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Can I have your house?

Mike

March 2nd, 2012, 10:15 pm #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>