I bought loads of Daystate Rangemaster 36 grain bullets but check this..

I bought loads of Daystate Rangemaster 36 grain bullets but check this..

May 17th, 2012, 10:13 pm #1

<p>It says on the box that these shoots best in an "UN chocked barrel" which is a bit weird since these are advertised as best for the Air Raanger 80 ft/lb which is by the way chocked.</p><p>So now i am wondering if i do cut of the chock in the front, would they shoot any better !?!! Any one tried them yet as i havent got the chance yet, also anyone tried them in an Unchocked barrel ??</p><p> </p><p>I leave you with some pictures.</p><p>[/IMG]</p><p>[/IMG]</p><p>[/IMG]</p><p>[/IMG]</p>

May 17th, 2012, 10:23 pm #2

.. if you do cut the choke off, please let us know how they do. Of course, I can see cutting the choke off to get the best out of heavy slugs but not to shoot something about the same weight as an available pellet...unless they really do get accurate...

I've yet to see a report on the Rangemasters fired from an unchoked barrel.

May 17th, 2012, 10:30 pm #3

<p>yet these advertise these bullets as best shot from the .25 Air Ranger & still mention unchocked barrels </p><p>I will definatly let you know how they shoot if i do cut that chock off.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

May 17th, 2012, 11:05 pm #4

I shot them out of my condor with good results but not any better than other heavy pellets that costs a lot less. My barrel is a lot hear Walter chocked barrel. They work well especially long range.

Marvin (US Army Retired)

May 17th, 2012, 11:48 pm #5

<p>It says on the box that these shoots best in an "UN chocked barrel" which is a bit weird since these are advertised as best for the Air Raanger 80 ft/lb which is by the way chocked.</p><p>So now i am wondering if i do cut of the chock in the front, would they shoot any better !?!! Any one tried them yet as i havent got the chance yet, also anyone tried them in an Unchocked barrel ??</p><p> </p><p>I leave you with some pictures.</p><p>[/IMG]</p><p>[/IMG]</p><p>[/IMG]</p><p>[/IMG]</p>
But just would not shoot solid bullets well.

Once I bobbed the choke off, not only did they shoot the solid bullets great, the accuracy with the Kings improved also.

But the thing is Nasser, I cut those chokes off a couple 500 dollar rifles, not a 2K+ Daystate.

May 18th, 2012, 12:01 am #6

I don't want to cut the choke off the air ranger & regret it, might try it on my condor 1st.
But since Daystate the selfs are saying that, I really want to try them on the Ranger.

Why don't you order a box of these & give them a try in ur unchocked Condor?

I'll keep u guys updated.

May 18th, 2012, 12:19 am #7

choke because you have a lot of pellets that may shoot better through an un-choked barrel? Does your AR shoot OK with other pellets through your choked barrel?
Last edited by AndyH44 on May 18th, 2012, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 18th, 2012, 12:27 am #8

All my .25 rifles shoots great with these too & I would love to have a rifle that shoots heavier pellets for more power & longer range.

I got loads of barracuda 31grains that are just useless for me since they don't shoot too good with any of my rifles, they only shoot okay.

I also have an Edgun modded with a ST barrel in .25' so I will first try shooting these @ 190 yards in all my .25 rifles & than see what I will decide to do.

So how much do I need to cut of the barrel to remove the choke ? 2" maybe?!

May 18th, 2012, 12:33 am #9

with a rod. Mark the rod at the point the pellet hits the choke then pull the rod out and measure.

May 18th, 2012, 1:01 am #10

nt