I bought a Ultrasonic Cleaner from Harbor Freight to clean pellets

I bought a Ultrasonic Cleaner from Harbor Freight to clean pellets

May 14th, 2010, 11:00 pm #1

the other day, to put it mildly it worked ok with about 50 pellets in the basket and (2) 3 minute cycles. It removed some particulate matter but still not as good as actually washing with dish soap and lots of rinsing with garden hose nozzle on shower setting...

http://www.harborfreight.com/ultrasonic ... -3305.html

As such, not recommended for cleaning dirty CPH's!!!

Regards,

Tony

May 15th, 2010, 12:26 am #2

Hey Tony, I see that same cleaner advertized and almost purchased it. I did a search and found a jewelry ultrasonic that I'm waiting for. Sorry, to hear it didn't work out for you! I have a feeling that weighing and sizing is more important than washing them.

lhd

May 15th, 2010, 2:02 am #3

the other day, to put it mildly it worked ok with about 50 pellets in the basket and (2) 3 minute cycles. It removed some particulate matter but still not as good as actually washing with dish soap and lots of rinsing with garden hose nozzle on shower setting...

http://www.harborfreight.com/ultrasonic ... -3305.html

As such, not recommended for cleaning dirty CPH's!!!

Regards,

Tony
Factor. What did you use?

May 15th, 2010, 2:24 am #4

a bath of it and it seems to wash out all the fines and dust. When I drain it off the fines are left in the bottom as I pour the pellets onto a towel. After they dry, I roll them in a tin with foam bottom soaked with warm coconut oil.

Wacky Wayne

May 15th, 2010, 2:29 am #5

Hey Tony, I see that same cleaner advertized and almost purchased it. I did a search and found a jewelry ultrasonic that I'm waiting for. Sorry, to hear it didn't work out for you! I have a feeling that weighing and sizing is more important than washing them.
Yeah, I was a bit under impressed, lol!!! Let us know how that model you ordered works out! I agree but what if there is flashing and particulate matter that is skewing the measured weight, let alone fouling up the bore?!?!

Hope your cleaner works better!

Regards,

Tony

May 15th, 2010, 2:30 am #6

suggestion?!?!?!?!

Regards,

Tony

May 15th, 2010, 2:32 am #7

a bath of it and it seems to wash out all the fines and dust. When I drain it off the fines are left in the bottom as I pour the pellets onto a towel. After they dry, I roll them in a tin with foam bottom soaked with warm coconut oil.

Wacky Wayne
compared to my usual dishwash soap technique.

Regards,

Tony

lhd

May 15th, 2010, 3:43 am #8

Wacky Wayne
I have also used Dawn dishwashing solution.

May 15th, 2010, 5:04 am #9

Wacky Wayne
Don,t know where they our going after you shoot them. LOL

May 15th, 2010, 12:56 pm #10

Back in my arrow fling days I use to use acetone to clean the end of the arrow shaft that the fletching would adhere to. Feathers and Vanes need a clean surface. Acetone was the recommended surface prep cleaner and always worked great in that application, even on carbon shafts.