HW 30, Vortek, .177 with Nikon EFR

HW 30, Vortek, .177 with Nikon EFR

April 20th, 2017, 12:50 am #1

This is my oldest boys rifle, I tuned it at some point with a Vortek kit. I mounted up a Nikon EFR as he seems to like scopes better than irons.....lol......anyway, it is shooting close to 700 fps in .177 with 7.33 JSB RS. I will say, this rifle at 10 meters will shoot through the same hole, just like a FWB 300, I am amazed. At 30 yds, it stacks them also. Anyway, I think I will keep it in the garage for a grab and go, wonder if he'll mind.....

Thanks for looking,

Jason W Garvin

April 20th, 2017, 2:30 am #2

That Nikon EFR looks good on there. And I like what you did with the trigger guard, too.

But something tells me that if you try to claim it for a garage gun you're gonna hear about it.

I really like my HW30S. Very accurate and just a lot of fun to shoot.

Last edited by jmhenrichs on April 20th, 2017, 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim in SWMO

"You've come far, pilgrim."-------"Feels like far."
"Were it worth the trouble?"-----"Ah, what trouble?"

April 20th, 2017, 2:56 am #3

This is my oldest boys rifle, I tuned it at some point with a Vortek kit. I mounted up a Nikon EFR as he seems to like scopes better than irons.....lol......anyway, it is shooting close to 700 fps in .177 with 7.33 JSB RS. I will say, this rifle at 10 meters will shoot through the same hole, just like a FWB 300, I am amazed. At 30 yds, it stacks them also. Anyway, I think I will keep it in the garage for a grab and go, wonder if he'll mind.....

Thanks for looking,

Jason W Garvin

and this one is no exception, this time it's a "mini" one hole bouncer. If I were your son, that little
squirrel buster would be close to my bed every night, and out da door with me in the morning.....

J, ya need to have a FWB300 vs. HW30 show down in the field and see who's the boss?

TM

April 20th, 2017, 12:12 pm #4

There he is, I wonder if you survived all those daZZZZe off last week? Hope you got the chance to shoot? I was off last week also, what a blurrrrrr, back to the grinding stone this week

Jason

PS, the 300S will win, and I truly think it is because of virtually zero recoil and the ability to follow thru as a result, but the 30 will give it a run, and does shoot a little bit faster,

April 20th, 2017, 1:06 pm #5

Thanks for looking,

Jason W Garvin

One of the prettiest sporters there is.

Only the PBR endorsement raises any questions about your taste.

We have a box-stock R7 that will just about hang with the FWB at 10m, at least with a 2-7x32 scope. Speaks well for the FWB though, wearing only peeps. I would rather carry the R7 afield, though.

Very nice rig!

April 20th, 2017, 1:21 pm #6

Every now and then a guy needs a little skunk drink............I like it .......lol