HW 100 Returned - Accuracy Issues

HW 100 Returned - Accuracy Issues

March 3rd, 2012, 5:02 pm #1

I feel like a loser. I likely got the only .177 that doesn't shoot. Several pellets tried: CPH, JSB Heavy, H&N Barracudas and Kodiak Match. Barrel was cleaned several times and also allowed to season...no luck. Shot string looked excellent (I posted it previously).

Velocities of 900 fps are in the sweet zone. Also, I tried different scopes and shot my Marauder back to back to ensure it wasn't environmental conditions.

The best groups were with CPH pellets and averaged ~0.9" @ 54 yards. 5 shot groups.

My Marauder shoots 0.7" @ 54 yards. 5 shot groups.

Sent in for an exchange so I am not giving up on Weihrauch.
Last edited by Lammy1000 on March 3rd, 2012, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 3rd, 2012, 5:06 pm #2

Their awesome rifles and glad to see that you have some good customer service their.

Brent s

March 3rd, 2012, 6:42 pm #3

I feel like a loser. I likely got the only .177 that doesn't shoot. Several pellets tried: CPH, JSB Heavy, H&N Barracudas and Kodiak Match. Barrel was cleaned several times and also allowed to season...no luck. Shot string looked excellent (I posted it previously).

Velocities of 900 fps are in the sweet zone. Also, I tried different scopes and shot my Marauder back to back to ensure it wasn't environmental conditions.

The best groups were with CPH pellets and averaged ~0.9" @ 54 yards. 5 shot groups.

Glad you're not giving up. My 22 HW100 is also a good shooter owned it for many years without any problems..

March 3rd, 2012, 9:00 pm #4

Lammy1000,

I suspect "shooter" error here! You're splitting hairs here and if I was the warranty people, I'd tell you to go take a HIKE! Come on GUY! GET REAL!
LOL, LOL, LOL.
Lipton

March 3rd, 2012, 9:17 pm #5

definitive, if relative performance level is assessed by me. If your method lacks such formality then that's fine. I just spent over $1400.00 on a high end air rifle and it must shoot better than an owner massaged Marauder or it goes back. It went back.
Last edited by Lammy1000 on March 3rd, 2012, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 3rd, 2012, 9:36 pm #6

Wow. Most rifles could probably use a barrel crown refinish to shoot their best. But, even as it was that seems like it was a pretty decent shooter to me.

Happy Shooting!

Ed, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

March 3rd, 2012, 10:28 pm #7

"Wow. Most rifles could probably use a barrel crown refinish to shoot their best. But, even as it was that seems like it was a pretty decent shooter to me."

I can assure you guys that the raw data and just looking at the 5 shot groups support that this is not typical of the HW 100. Besides, the last thing I wanted to do was go through the hassle of returning this rifle, but I could not deny the results.
Only the CPHs came close to being considered accurate and they are what I am using as my comparator.

March 3rd, 2012, 11:09 pm #8

Im with you. If you are not happy it should go back. $1400 is alot to pay for un happiness

March 4th, 2012, 2:19 am #9

under 1" at that range with a .177 pellet seems pretty good to me nt

March 4th, 2012, 2:55 am #10

Lammy1000,

I suspect "shooter" error here! You're splitting hairs here and if I was the warranty people, I'd tell you to go take a HIKE! Come on GUY! GET REAL!
LOL, LOL, LOL.
Lipton
perhaps its a joke....
"somebody has to take the high road..."