Hunter Scope

Hunter Scope

May 13th, 2012, 6:29 pm #1

Hi I am just getting into FT . I have a Hawke Sidewinder 30 on a AA tx200 ( had it on a MRF ) The reticle has turned out of square with the Turrets and I think it continues to move. I like the scope for the money but what do most use and what is a up grade ? Thank You

May 14th, 2012, 12:46 am #2

they don't make those anymore, I'm pretty sure. One can find them sometimes at retailers that haven't sold all their older stock yet... or used. It's even harder to find them with mil dots though.

These are not a "step up", but the Nikko "Nighteater" line is hit and miss as far as good glass goes.. we've had a few real good ones, and some not so good... as also the older Centerpoint 6-24 and 8-32 can have good glass sometimes.. or at least range real well, even when they're a little cloudy.

I've heard one of the Weaver 4-16s focuses down to 10 yards and is real good for the money.. but I haven't tried one myself.. but I sure love my Weaver T-36!

In my mind, one has to jump up to a Nikko Diamond or Lupy for better glass and ranging than the older Bushnell Elites.

Wacky Wayne

May 14th, 2012, 10:10 am #3

I have been locking for a 4200 with mill dot but can not find one . The Weaver 4-16 can go down to 10yd. but I have more trouble ranging with it . I use the V16 and V24 on a lot of my varmint rifles . Thanks Wayne PS any hope of some of the west coast shooters making it to NY for the East Coast Benchrest ?

May 14th, 2012, 4:07 pm #4

Hi I am just getting into FT . I have a Hawke Sidewinder 30 on a AA tx200 ( had it on a MRF ) The reticle has turned out of square with the Turrets and I think it continues to move. I like the scope for the money but what do most use and what is a up grade ? Thank You
It is 12X, will focus down to 10 yards and is very strong. It is an AO though and you may or may not like that.

The DH/BDC reticule is good enough for Hunter Class.

Just a suggestion.

HTH

Un Abrazo!

H�ctor

May 14th, 2012, 4:29 pm #5

I have been locking for a 4200 with mill dot but can not find one . The Weaver 4-16 can go down to 10yd. but I have more trouble ranging with it . I use the V16 and V24 on a lot of my varmint rifles . Thanks Wayne PS any hope of some of the west coast shooters making it to NY for the East Coast Benchrest ?
I doubt any of us can make it out east this year.. but don't let that stop you from joining Dan Brown & son on their journey to the AAFTA Nationals out here in Grants Pass, OR. this year.. The Grants Pass BR "Wild River" club, is planning a western states BR championship two days after the field target championships... ya'all come now!

Wayne

May 23rd, 2012, 12:15 am #6

It is 12X, will focus down to 10 yards and is very strong. It is an AO though and you may or may not like that.

The DH/BDC reticule is good enough for Hunter Class.

Just a suggestion.

HTH

Un Abrazo!

H�ctor
"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL"