Hunter 220 Muzzle Brake

Hunter 220 Muzzle Brake

November 21st, 2006, 8:43 pm #1

I installed the brake on my 220 yesterday. The plastic one without the little post sight on it, and it was the absolute easiest installation of anything I've ever used. Slipped on there perfectly and just a couple of taps with a plastic mallet seated it in the muzzle splines. Sure makes cocking much more comfortable.

However, my group dropped an inch with 3 recorded pellets from the day before. Groups are still good, with the best being FTS and Superdomes, but I'm really curious as to why the drop. Conditions were exactly the same.
If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing...accuracy affected by muzzle brakes...I'd sure appreciate hearing your opinion.

November 21st, 2006, 9:42 pm #2

nt-

Born to kill.

Good men die young,

Great men never die!

Be safe, have fun.

November 21st, 2006, 10:03 pm #3

This is my first try at doing a picture on this forum. Maybe it'll work...maybe not.

November 21st, 2006, 10:15 pm #4

I installed the brake on my 220 yesterday. The plastic one without the little post sight on it, and it was the absolute easiest installation of anything I've ever used. Slipped on there perfectly and just a couple of taps with a plastic mallet seated it in the muzzle splines. Sure makes cocking much more comfortable.

However, my group dropped an inch with 3 recorded pellets from the day before. Groups are still good, with the best being FTS and Superdomes, but I'm really curious as to why the drop. Conditions were exactly the same.
If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing...accuracy affected by muzzle brakes...I'd sure appreciate hearing your opinion.
Nothing abnormal it's because the air exiting the muzzle is affected by the brake. You drill a hole in the side of a muzzle brake and the pellet will go that way as it exits the barrel.

Groups are so ok then nothig to worry about.

November 21st, 2006, 10:23 pm #5

I agree and I'm really not worried about it. Just curious as to what forces are at work, and how, to cause the group to drop that much. I'm familiar with the mechanics of compensators/muzzle brakes on firearms but this airgun stuff is still a mystery to me. Just trying to learn.