Hummingbird.......What "SLING" are you guys using and how

Hummingbird.......What "SLING" are you guys using and how

April 20th, 2017, 10:17 pm #1

is it configured. Would deeply appreciate this insight/input!
Thanks

April 21st, 2017, 1:17 am #2

at the back portion of the rail it seams to be a good balance point for that gun .

April 21st, 2017, 3:27 am #3

Thanks
Just looped it and ended up getting used to it....

April 21st, 2017, 4:57 pm #4

you have a Link as to where you obtained this?
Been looking at this:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XS ... KKSG0OPHLD

Cutting off/removing all metal pieces so as Not to scratch Wood Stock.

April 21st, 2017, 6:50 pm #5

Thanks
Didn't have time to dig out the HB, but I take a USGI Silent sling as shown in the pic below, and remove one of the buckles and get rid of it.. Then thread the sling through the hole in the stock, and weave it back through the remaining buckle as shown below.. Finish it off with a few strips of black Gorilla tape, and the metal never comes in contact with the stock. I like the sling you posted as well.. Looks nice with the pad & elastic. I just had a few of these USGI slings laying around and put them to use. For me, they work fine and the stock looks perfect.. I roll them up and stick them right in the stock void. Helps when putting the gun back in the case, as you don't have to remove the sling..Personal preference, again, but I don't like drilling into the gun or adding sling studs, etc.. If I can't help it..

April 22nd, 2017, 12:25 am #6

of the sling / URL from Amazon.....keeping i mind removing ALL metal rings and connectors.

April 22nd, 2017, 1:55 am #7

Thanks
I was thinking that you could add a 30 millimeter rings to the scope rail that has another Picatinny rail on top of it. That would give you a place to hang a sling from. A 30 millimeter ring would not touch a 1" scope but should firmly attach the sling to the receiver.

David Enoch

April 22nd, 2017, 2:15 am #8

Thanks
I am a fan of having little or no metal/plastic contacting the gun, but I'm not sure how you'd properly attach that Amazon sling.

April 22nd, 2017, 6:01 am #9

I was thinking that you could add a 30 millimeter rings to the scope rail that has another Picatinny rail on top of it. That would give you a place to hang a sling from. A 30 millimeter ring would not touch a 1" scope but should firmly attach the sling to the receiver.

David Enoch
a shoulder pad to keep from slipping...I like the Amazon sling ...would remove ALL metal and sew one of the clips male/female as both are female....one male sewn on and then they would be quick release?

April 22nd, 2017, 6:05 am #10

I am a fan of having little or no metal/plastic contacting the gun, but I'm not sure how you'd properly attach that Amazon sling.
clips higher on your chest so the gun slings through the butt like your config.
Or maybe just use what you have.....Might I ask where your got your sling?
Thanks