How's this for hiding the truth?

How's this for hiding the truth?

May 15th, 2009, 6:48 pm #1

I was reading a thread about the "other" trigger over on "that other forum" today. It was progressing as most do when someone asked the unthinkable, "How is second stage adjustability?", stating that he had read somewhere that the second stage was non-existent. Hmmm, wonder where they read that?! Someone then posted a link to Craig's earlier thread about not finding the second stage after many adjustments. The thread continued for a few more posts on this subject and then the same individual, trying to be helpful, posted a link to Craig's latest post in which he explained what he had to do to make the "other" trigger work. Well guess what? Yep, those particular posts all disappeared! How's that for avoiding and hiding the truth about a supposedly pre-adjusted drop-in trigger?

I'm glad I waited for the GTX-G2 to come out!!!
Last edited by jmhenrichs on May 15th, 2009, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim in SWMO

"You've come far, pilgrim."-------"Feels like far."
"Were it worth the trouble?"-----"Ah, what trouble?"

May 15th, 2009, 7:36 pm #2

I thought i was seeing things or having another lsd flashback.

May 15th, 2009, 8:13 pm #3

that asked about the second stage wasn't it??!! I'm surprised your post didn't get deleted, too! Can't believe they let that question stay there.
Jim in SWMO

May 15th, 2009, 8:59 pm #4

I was reading a thread about the "other" trigger over on "that other forum" today. It was progressing as most do when someone asked the unthinkable, "How is second stage adjustability?", stating that he had read somewhere that the second stage was non-existent. Hmmm, wonder where they read that?! Someone then posted a link to Craig's earlier thread about not finding the second stage after many adjustments. The thread continued for a few more posts on this subject and then the same individual, trying to be helpful, posted a link to Craig's latest post in which he explained what he had to do to make the "other" trigger work. Well guess what? Yep, those particular posts all disappeared! How's that for avoiding and hiding the truth about a supposedly pre-adjusted drop-in trigger?

...that they papered over the truthful answer to Dan's question by erasing links to posts both here and on the AirgunOne forum, although that was certainly pretty funny.

The funnier part is that - so far - the only one of the Fishy Faithful who's given any response of his own has obviously been reading Craig's post!

Says the little fishy: "Hi...If you fail to achieve a true secondary when adjusting the trigger, it may be the screws are simply not far enough in to achieve the desired results. You will probably need to adjust the primary and secondary a little further then what the instructions call for...".

To fully appreciate the joke, you need to know that the terms "Primary" and "Secondary" are used nowhere in any of the daTuna instructions! They're to be found only in my adjustment guide, and Craig's post. So the little fishy's helpful advice was copycatted directly from Craig's post. Big fish and little fish - all bird (brains) of a feather.

And I think that's pretty darn funny.

Steve

<font size="-2"> Air Conserving MSP 392
GTX Generation II 2-Stage Trigger
Benjamin SuperSear
Crosman Custom Parts
Big Ed Airguns
</font>
Last edited by pneuguy on May 15th, 2009, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 15th, 2009, 9:20 pm #5

Back around the time the GTX-G2 came out, someone on that forum said that it was probably just a copy of the Fish's ***III. If this is true, what happened? His doesn't come working right and yours does. What part didn't you copy right? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for a great trigger. It's a real pleasure to use!
Jim in SWMO

May 15th, 2009, 9:27 pm #6

...hilarious claim on daFish's web page: http://www.network54.com/Forum/479035/t ... ory+lesson.

And the funniest part of all is: Those pre-ripoff versions of the trigger actually had the correct adjustment screw placement and therefore a 2-stage that worked!

So apparently it's the whole concept of a true 2-stage that daFish considers "obsolete."

Fortunately, I guess I missed that memo.

Steve

<font size="-2"> Air Conserving MSP 392
GTX Generation II 2-Stage Trigger
Benjamin SuperSear
Crosman Custom Parts
Big Ed Airguns
</font>

May 15th, 2009, 9:38 pm #7

Guess I missed the "primary-secondary" thing. Going over it again, I see what you mean. He uses "first stage" and "second stage". And his use of "first stage screw" is misleading in that it doesn't actually adjust the first stage. It simply "sets" the trigger starting position.
Jim in SWMO

May 16th, 2009, 12:27 am #8

people will begin to see the truth and realize what has been going on with this whole deal.

May 16th, 2009, 1:05 am #9

Like they say, "The truth will shine through". Can't help but wonder how many figured it out and went through what you did to make it work and how many just gave up.
Jim in SWMO

May 16th, 2009, 1:23 am #10

the cat is out the bag now.
if "he" won't set this straight then we will educate the airgun community.
it's the right thing to do.